Public invited to visit Mayor Rob Ford's 'haunted' office

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Public invited to visit Mayor Rob Ford's 'haunted' office

TORONTO - The House of Franken-Ford opened for tours Monday.

Mayor Rob Ford toured reporters through his “haunted” City Hall office Monday. Ford has decked out his office in Halloween decorations and is opening it up as a haunted house for the public to visit.

Residents wanting to walk through Ford’s spooky office can drop by City Hall anytime between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

A cackling Ford led the media into his darkened protocol lounge decked out with flashing red lights, scary sounds, a fog machine, cob webs and all sorts of ghosts and ghouls.

Read More

Oh Fordsy, you great big softy you!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I stayed in my mate's haunted cottage in Blackburn - about 11 miles from Bolton, where I live - last night.

The cottage must be at least 200 years' old and it's on a Roman road and it's joined onto an off-license and next door to the Blackamoor Pub.

Apparently, people who have lived there before have been scared off by the ghost of a woman, whose head is the only part of her which can be seen. Footsteps, especially during the night, have been reported by residents over the years and even my mate, who has only lived in the cottage for about a month, has sat downstairs watching TV late at night whilst hearing what sounds like somebody walking about upstairs.

The ghost also haunts the shop next door and the flat above the shop, and it has been known to throw a TV around in there in the middle of the night.

So I plucked up the courage to stay there for the night last night. We had plenty of beer and I swigged mine heavily so I numbed any fear. After the Europa League football had finished we kept turning the TV down and sat there in the dark living room listening to hear any footsteps in the bedrooms upstairs but, disappointingly, we didn't hear them.

It was a bit spooky lying there in bed last night, when I kept expecting to open my eyes and see a ghostly woman sat on the end of the bad, but I didn't see anything.