Sun News barred from Native anti-fracking protest

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Doesn't sound like they were barred. I don't know who is sillier, Sun news for spouting such nonsense or the author of the thread for spreading the nonsense

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is it any wonder that many First Nations people feel the Sun News Groups is a bunch of liars, that do not simply report the news?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Global news was allowed, while sun was barred by the police Kind of one sided reporting to me.
The Sun wasn't barred, they were asked to move back to where the rest of the news crews were.

They were also given the respect they've so richly earned from the Native community.

Gotta ask the question; In referencing liars, what's the general feeling by the FN community on the CBC?
Just my personal opinion, but I sense the CBC is seen as benign or even sympathetic.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Just my personal opinion, but I sense the CBC is seen as benign or even sympathetic.

Fair enough. My take on the CBC is that many of their commentators and personalities have agendas that they pursue quite openly.... That in itself is one thing, but for a national broadcaster, they should be non-partisan.

For a good idea of what that looks like, tune into CBC (AM) early in the morning (approx 5 AM MST) and you get the BBC feeds... They probably come the closest to a news source that is unbiased and non-partisan

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I know I'll probably get shot for saying this but, as much as I think pretty much all news outlets are far more interested in headlines than in reporting news information, I've got to say the Sun often comes off like the whiny middle child. It's all Marcia, Marcia, Marica! Lol.

I take them with as much of a grain of salt as I do the others.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Wow dude, Ezra's really stretching things for headlines now eh, lol.

Are they dying or something?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The problem with Ezra, is not that he is necessarily wrong as his detractors believe...His problem is that he belabours any point he makes ad nauzeum....he should remember the K.I.S.S. factor....

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The problem with Ezra, is not that he is necessarily wrong as his detractors believe...His problem is that he belabours any point he makes ad nauzeum....he should remember the K.I.S.S. factor....

Yeah, I'd agree with that. When he is calm, he can very effectively make his point and it's not usually unreasonable at all. But he usually over does it and goes over the top.

He's kind of like the soccer player of news reporters in a sense, lol.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He isn't necessarily right either.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Wow dude, Ezra's really stretching things for headlines now eh, lol.

Are they dying or something?

He has for years..... he did when he was running his own newspaper.....into the ground I might add...... and now working for sun news (and I use "news" very loosley). Notice how much he loves the words "gangs" and "terrorists" with terrorist being his favorite. He has labeled more than one group like that. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The man is nothing but a racist. A bigot, and I hope to one day see him taken to the carpet and not be able to weasel his way out.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
SUNk...no tax credits and big dreams of being part of a pay package on cable put them $16,000 000 in the hole.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He has for years.....
I've never said he was shy about using hyperbole in excess. He's over the top.

But here he's actually spinning Suns team being bullied (for reasons that have become painfully obvious) into an attack on the media establishment.

Like I said recently, the Sun has richly earned the contempt it faces.

He has labeled more than one group like that. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The man is nothing but a racist. A bigot, and I hope to one day see him taken to the carpet and not be able to weasel his way out.
I've used both terms to describe the self styled warroir clubs on more than one occasion.