Hydro rate rise blamed on Liberals' private power deals

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hydro rate rise blamed on Liberals' private power deals

TORONTO - Ontario hydro rates are rising at well above the rate of inflation with no relief in sight, NDP MPP Peter Tabuns says.
Tabuns blamed the Liberal government's pursuit of private power deals such as the cancelled Oakville gas plant, which torched up to $815 million of taxpayer dollars, for the steadily rising hydro bills.

Read More

Well d'uh, thanks again to all those Ontario clowns that voted these clowns back in.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Grrrr. I am so beyond pissed off with all of this. More freaking rate hikes. They should be jailed for this, the freaking lot of them. Bastards.

I'm almost at the point where I'll opt for candle light and cooking over an open flame. Just gotta figure out how to get the internet access working.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
I really don't get it, Canada has such an abundance of resources and everything is so expensive. Your gas is about $2 higher per gallon than ours, your electric should be very very cheap and its not even close, I haven't heard anyone complain about natural gas so I guess that is under control. What gives?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I really don't get it, Canada has such an abundance of resources and everything is so expensive. Your gas is about $2 higher per gallon than ours, your electric should be very very cheap and its not even close, I haven't heard anyone complain about natural gas so I guess that is under control. What gives?
Well, you already know why the gas prices are out of whack, you explained it to me, lol.

Hydro is out of whack because successive gov't have allowed the utility to fall into disarray, caved to union demands, wasted millions of plants that never materialized, privatized the utility, forced massive studies to be undertaken before ground breaking, and of course, NIMBY's, we can't forget the NIMBY's. We just throw a billion out the window, because the Liberals thought they were going to lose the NIMBY votes in Mississauga and Oakville.

NatGas is aglut market right now, but I'm still trying to figure out why we pay a delivery charge in the summer when even the pilot light light is off.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Gross incompetence on the part of government regulators and really piss poor decision making. Which is also their fault.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
This is a tangent but related.
The fees for license plates are going up again this year by a retarded amount.
In 2012 the fees were $504.00, $1565.00 and 1510.00 respectively for each of these trucks.
Talk about inflation. Who created the need for this?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This is a tangent but related.
The fees for license plates are going up again this year by a retarded amount.
In 2012 the fees were $504.00, $1565.00 and 1510.00 respectively for each of these trucks.
Talk about inflation. Who created the need for this?

It is a government solution to a problem that government created.

Missplaced

Nominee Member
Oct 18, 2013
A government without integrity of any kind, that squanders the wealth of our children's futures escape responsibility because we allow them to escape. Merely ousting the incompetent and the corrupt at elections time isn't working and has never worked because it doesn't matter which political party a candidate calls their own, they've all pledged their allegiances not to the Canadian people, but to their personal wealth and power, self-interests encouraged by greed driven corporations. No one believes anything these scam artists say and everyone knows they lie. There is something terribly wrong in this country and we let it thrive.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No one believes anything these scam artists say and everyone knows they lie.
That's not true, that's how Mcsquinty got re-elected, some morons believe everything these idiots say, no matter the evidence before them.

There is something terribly wrong in this country and we let it thrive.
Apathy is a powerful political tool.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Welcome to Universal Healthcare.... It's Free!!!