Obama is hit by 'affair' smears following claims that attractive aide was banned

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Obama is hit by 'affair' smears following claims that attractive aide was banned by his wife

Barack Obama is the target of a shadowy smear campaign designed to derail his bid for the US Presidency by falsely claiming he had a close friendship with an attractive African-American female employee.

The whispers focus on a young woman who in 2004 was hired to work on his team for his bid to become a senator.

The woman was purportedly sidelined from her duties after Senator Obama’s wife, Michelle, became convinced that he had developed a personal friendship with her.

The allegations were initially circulated in August, just two weeks before the convention at which Obama finally beat his opponent for the Democratic Party nomination, Hillary Clinton.

The woman, now 33, vigorously denies the vicious and unsubstantiated gossip.

And some Washington insiders suggested that she was the victim of an 11th-hour attempt to smear Obama by die-hard Hillary supporters.

But now the rumours have resurfaced, suggesting that they may be coming from elements in the Republican Party.

According to sources interviewed by The Mail on Sunday, the respected Los Angeles Times, the tabloid National Enquirer and the huge ABC television network have been provided with the woman’s name.

In the most commonly-purveyed version of the rumour, she was ‘exiled’ to a Caribbean island because Michelle Obama objected to her job on the 2004 campaign.

A lawyer representing the woman said: ‘Although her duties on the [2004] campaign changed over time, there was never any hint that Mrs Obama had any concerns about her relationship with the Senator or played any role in recommending a change in her duties.’

According to our investigation into the rumours, they originated with political veterans who claim to be loyal Democrats.

They have tried to persuade reporters that they have the woman’s interests at heart.

One of the sources who has been circulating the rumours admitted never meeting the woman but claimed he has spoken to ‘a group of African American’ women who are
her friends and believe she was mistreated.

‘They said she was removed from her position and the political scene because Michelle got wind of the fact that she had a close friendship with her husband,’ the source said. ‘She disappeared, then she reappeared in the Caribbean.’

The Mail on Sunday located the woman in the Caribbean, where she now works. She denied that Mrs Obama had raised any objections to her job on the 2004 campaign.

‘No,’ she said. ‘Nothing happened. I just left ... at the end of the campaign.’

Asked about the claim that Mrs Obama accused her of having a close friendship with the Senator, she said: ‘I have no comment on anything.

‘I switched careers. That’s it. I’m a Democrat and I support Senator Obama ... I don’t have anything to say.’

She added that she emigrated to the Caribbean from the US after falling in love with the man with whom she now lives.

Senator Obama’s team did not respond to our request for comment.

But one day after we contacted Obama’s team, a London law firm informed The Mail
on Sunday that it had been retained by the woman to help her to counter the whispering campaign, which they said was ‘absolutely false’.

In the Presidential race, polls showed that with just over three weeks to go until the November 4 election, Mr Obama is leading his Republican rival John McCain.

A Newsweek poll published on Friday showed Illinois senator Mr Obama ahead of the 72-year-old Arizona senator by 52 per cent to 41 per cent.

A month ago, that poll had the two candidates tied at 46 per cent. Other polls in the most contested states have also shown a swing toward Mr Obama. He seems to have benefited as voters anxious about turmoil on Wall Street and across the globe give him higher marks for economic leadership.

Addressing a public meeting in Ohio, Mr Obama called for a plan to help small American businesses hampered by the credit crunch to get loans for operating expenses and payrolls. He urged the world’s finance ministers to take co-ordinated action to tackle the crisis.

‘In this global economy, financial markets have no boundaries. So the current crisis demands a global response,’ he said. Pushing a line of attack that seems to have helped him build an advantage, he said Mr McCain ‘doesn’t really seem to get what’s going on’ with the financial crisis.

Mr Obama mocked a McCain adviser for telling reporters amid a week of panic-selling on Wall Street that he didn’t think it made sense for the campaign to speak daily on
the markets.

‘Senator McCain’s campaign manager actually said that Senator McCain wasn’t talking about the market because there’s just not much a candidate for president can say – and they aren’t sure what he’d say each day even if he did talk about it,’ Mr Obama said.

Read more: Obama is hit by 'affair' smears following claims that attractive aide was banned by his wife | Mail Online

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Just a note for ya Boom....he already is president and in his second term so the smear campaign won't prevent his election.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well it shows how desperate some are becoming. After all the Republicans
paint themselves into a corner to overturn a law Obama got elected on yes
Medicare. They disguise their act in a debt bill and they will pass legislation
if Medicare is postponed for a year. Why? So they can kill it before it catches
on. Once people get used to having it the battle is over for the right.
The fall back is the sexual affair nonsense to distract the people from the fact
Obama has out flanked them and has beat them at their own game. Most
Americans blame the Republicans.
its the Republicans who look like a**es not Obama.

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
Well it shows how desperate some are becoming. After all the Republicans paint themselves into a corner to overturn a law Obama got elected on yes Medicare. They disguise their act in a debt bill and they will pass legislation if Medicare is postponed for a year. Why? So they can kill it before it catches on. Once people get used to having it the battle is over for the right. The fall back is the sexual affair nonsense to distract the people from the fact Obama has out flanked them and has beat them at their own game. Most Americans blame the Republicans. its the Republicans who look like a**es not Obama.

Historically Republicans cannot get their minds out of the gutter. They are forever focusing on women's reproduction, gays (while having affairs with page boys) and now trying to hint that Obama is having affairs. Yet they are the ones whose senator a year or two ago tried to hustle an airport cop in the men's washroom. If you look at the pictures of Obama not one of them shows his eyes where the pictures hint. On one, everybody's eyes are on the floor, mostly behind the woman. And besides, what's wrong with polite gazing?

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Historically Republicans cannot get their minds out of the gutter. They are forever focusing on women's reproduction, gays (while having affairs with page boys) and now trying to hint that Obama is having affairs. Yet they are the ones whose senator a year or two ago tried to hustle an airport cop in the men's washroom. If you look at the pictures of Obama not one of them shows his eyes where the pictures hint. On one, everybody's eyes are on the floor, mostly behind the woman. And besides, what's wrong with polite gazing?

/eyes by Photoshop!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey just pointing out he is not a God after all, just a normal man with normal needs and desires.. ;)

Besides Enquiring' minds want to know...

Maybe the ones who get their news out of The Enquirer, lol. The rest of us don't give a flying ****.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Corrected.. ;) of course. :lol:

Obamabots. :roll: Sheeples.

I'm far from liberal Boom and I don't give a sh*t. The right wing try to make out like Clinton and Obama are the only politicians to ever have an affair. News flash....lots of politicians and presidents have had affairs. It is nothing new. What is new is the opposition trying to use it to discredit their opponents.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm far from liberal Boom and I don't give a sh*t. The right wing try to make out like Clinton and Obama are the only politicians to ever have an affair. News flash....lots of politicians and presidents have had affairs. It is nothing new. What is new is the opposition trying to use it to discredit their opponents.

Geez dude, opponents trying to discredit Obama?? This is an old article from 2008.. I'm the only one posting it and not one Republican I know of has taken notice to this.. "YET"

3 more years of this sh!t and the Republicans will be back in the white house.. just like Clinton, 2 terms and Republicans back in..

The USA should not be worried about terrorist attacks, they should be concerned about the terrorist sitting in the White House, Barack Hussein Obama.

I know that Americans are really bad at math, George Bush in 8 years he increases the debt by 4 Trillion after the USA was attacked by terrorists on 9/11 the economy hit the bottom and he managed to save the economy.. war tends to do that.. That's 2 trillion every 4 years.

Now, Obama blames George Bush from everything (like a child) and in 4 years increases the debt 6 trillion dollars.

IRS, Banagazi, Fast & Fury and many other scandals, plus getting owned by Putin and chasing Snowden around and and forcing down a Presidential plan of a sovereign nation. Obama has done more to destroy the USA's image.. they have become a International Joke under Obama.

Well a lie is as good as the truth if you can get someone to believe it.

Isn't that Obama slogan..? Say it enough times, and hope it sticks.. Romney owned him on that..

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Geez dude, opponents trying to discredit Obama?? This is an old article from 2008.. I'm the only one posting it and not one Republican I know of has taken notice to this.. "YET"

3 more years of this sh!t and the Republicans will be back in the white house.. just like Clinton, 2 terms and Republicans back in..

The USA should not be worried about terrorist attacks, they should be concerned about the terrorist sitting in the White House, Barack Hussein Obama.

I know that Americans are really bad at math, George Bush in 8 years he increases the debt by 4 Trillion after the USA was attacked by terrorists on 9/11 the economy hit the bottom and he managed to save the economy.. war tends to do that.. That's 2 trillion every 4 years.

Now, Obama blames George Bush from everything (like a child) and in 4 years increases the debt 6 trillion dollars.

IRS, Banagazi, Fast & Fury and many other scandals, plus getting owned by Putin and chasing Snowden around and and forcing down a Presidential plan of a sovereign nation. Obama has done more to destroy the USA's image.. they have become a International Joke under Obama.

Isn't that Obama slogan..? Say it enough times, and hope it sticks.. Romney owned him on that..

Nope. Bush sr. & jr. lived by it.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Obama, Bush, whoever...it doesn't matter. They are all puppets of the corporations and international bankers.

Bush presided over the biggest transfer of wealth to hit the western world in history and 2 illegal wars. He is no hero to anyone but the 1%. In fact I don't even think he was smart enough to realize what he was doing.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Obama, Bush, whoever...it doesn't matter. They are all puppets of the corporations and international bankers.

Bush presided over the biggest transfer of wealth to hit the western world in history and 2 illegal wars. He is no hero to anyone but the 1%. In fact I don't even think he was smart enough to realize what he was doing.

EH!! I'm part of the %1.. thanks..

I voted for GWB, and I thought he was a great President.

2 illegal wars?? Really?? Congress voted for it, that's not illegal. Many other countries joined in including Canada, more than I can say for Obama's Syria plan.

He did what many brilliant leaders do, talk at their level of the people..