Ont. dad arrested after daughter draws picture of gun

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Old news, but interesting. Click link for video. 8O

Ont. dad arrested after daughter draws picture of gun: Reports | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

Police arrested a Kitchener, Ont., father outside his daughter's school because the four-year-old drew a picture of him holding a gun.

Jessie Sansone told the Record newspaper that he was in shock when he was arrested Wednesday and taken to a police station for questioning over the drawing. He was also strip-searched.

"This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school," he said.

Officials told the newspaper the move was necessary to ensure there were no guns accessible by children in the family's home. They also said comments by Sansone's daughter, Neaveh, that the man holding the gun in the picture was her dad and "he uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters," was concerning.

Police also searched Sansone's home while he was in custody. His wife and three children were taken to the police station, and the children were interviewed by Family and Children's Services.

Sansone's wife, Stephanie Squires, told the newspaper no one told them why her husband had been arrested.

"He had absolutely no idea what this was even about. I just kept telling them, 'You're making a mistake.'"

Several hours later, Sansone was released without charges.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Old news, but interesting. Click link for video. 8O

Ont. dad arrested after daughter draws picture of gun: Reports | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

Police arrested a Kitchener, Ont., father outside his daughter's school because the four-year-old drew a picture of him holding a gun.

Jessie Sansone told the Record newspaper that he was in shock when he was arrested Wednesday and taken to a police station for questioning over the drawing. He was also strip-searched.

"This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school," he said.

Officials told the newspaper the move was necessary to ensure there were no guns accessible by children in the family's home. They also said comments by Sansone's daughter, Neaveh, that the man holding the gun in the picture was her dad and "he uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters," was concerning.

Police also searched Sansone's home while he was in custody. His wife and three children were taken to the police station, and the children were interviewed by Family and Children's Services.

Sansone's wife, Stephanie Squires, told the newspaper no one told them why her husband had been arrested.

"He had absolutely no idea what this was even about. I just kept telling them, 'You're making a mistake.'"

Several hours later, Sansone was released without charges.

How sick can you get?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What ever happened to encouraging a child's imagination?
so she drew a picture of her dad with a gun what the hell
business is it of the school? Yes they should be able to
control guns in the school but not in the home or in the mind
of a child.
These people are nuts interfering in the life of a child because
she drew a picture of something in her mind. Good God.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What ever happened to encouraging a child's imagination?
so she drew a picture of her dad with a gun what the hell
business is it of the school? Yes they should be able to
control guns in the school but not in the home or in the mind
of a child.
These people are nuts interfering in the life of a child because
she drew a picture of something in her mind. Good God.

The way the average mentality is going I'd give the human race about another 25 years!

Christ, what would have happened had the kid drawn a picture of hydrogen bomb?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The way the average mentality is going I'd give the human race about another 25 years!

Christ, what would have happened had the kid drawn a picture of hydrogen bomb?
I'd be impressed. The schematics of an H Bomb are pretty nifty yet so simplistic that by time she is 14 (with dedication and forethought) she could build one in votech classes in high school.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As I keep saying - this is the result of allowing the Lefty Loonies to run the asylum.