Tom Clancy Dies

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No I didn't. If I see it in a movie, I rarely read the book since it will usually leave me disappointed in the movie. But they can't turn a bad story into a good movie.

Read the book. It is excellent - and it lays the groundwork for other characters.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
He took physics at university but soon switched to English because, as he claimed, he wasn't smart enough for science.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Red October was an ok movie. I can't remember the last time I read fiction so as a writer, I don't know much about him other than he was popular

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Tom Clancy had an encyclipedic knowledge of American, Russian, British, and everyone else's submarines and their weapons. Clancy's book "Submarine" would be a useful book if one was writing a book on submarines and submarine warfare. I've read all his books and it was obvious that Clancy did his homework...He knew what he was talking about.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Tom Clancy had an encyclipedic knowledge of American, Russian, British, and everyone else's submarines and their weapons. Clancy's book "Submarine" would be a useful book if one was writing a book on submarines and submarine warfare. I've read all his books and it was obvious that Clancy did his homework...He knew what he was talking about.

Red Storm Rising

Probably my favorite.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was partial to "Clear and Present Danger". though I liked Red Storm Rising and Red October.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Red Storm Rising

Probably my favorite.

The Bear & the Dragon
Cardinal of the Kremlin
Sum of all Fears
Executive Orders
Red Storm Rising
Debt of Honor -Loved that line - Going by memory on this one- if it was not written.... then it does not exist