The former illegal growers can now find work in legal jobs with "we are wiling to train" as the indicator as seen in the employment listing below.
Plant Cultivation Assistant
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the cultivation team in a permanent full-time position. The ideal candidate will have general plant experience, basic computer skills, superior judgment, problem solving and decision making ability and overall a positive attitude. This position requires some manual labor so the incumbent must be physically fit.
- Planting, cutting and transplants
- Plant maintenance- daily water checks, pruning/trimming, applying biocontrols
- Paper work- data collection, data entry
- General cleaning - pots and plant areas
- Adhere to standard operating procedures while following GMP guidelines
- Attention to detail over long time frames
- Technical Training in Biological Science and/or experience working in a commercial greenhouse.
- Basic computer skills-excel data entry etc.
- Must be able to easily lift over 20lbs
The company intends to fully train the right people to fill these positions and is seeking individuals who possess a strong desire to learn and want be a part of a dynamic growing organization.
Salary will be based on skill levels and/or education.
PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.
Or set up retail pot shop in local strip mall. You have until April to get it done.