Atheists want cross removed from 131-year-old city seal in Florida

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Atheists want cross removed from 131-year-old city seal in Florida

A law firm that champions religious freedom is standing firm with a Florida town threatened over its city seal by Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

The atheist group Americans United complains that the seal used by DeLand, Florida, happens to contain a cross. Liberty Counsel founder Mat Staver tells OneNewsNow the complaint really illustrates the absurdity of groups like Americans United.

Staver, Mat (Liberty Counsel)“This seal is part of the very founding seal of the city of DeLand. It's 131 years old,” says Staver. “No one has ever complained for 131 years until the Americans United for Separation of Church and State filed this letter.”

Staver says he is amazed that in the letter, Americans United distorts court precedence and ignores other cases that support the city's right to have the seal, which also contains a heart and anchor. Americans United also suggests that reflects 1 Corinthians 13 where it refers to faith, hope and love, or charity, and says the heart, cross and anchor reflect those areas of Christianity.

And if it does, it still doesn't matter from a constitutional standpoint. It's been in existence for 131 years,” says Staver. “You would obviously think that if it's an establishment of religion, it surely would have established one by now. And I know of no established religion in the city of Deland.”

Liberty Counsel stands ready to defend the city if Americans United files suit and has written city officials to that effect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-zAR2lwhY

- See more at: Atheists want cross removed from 131-year-old city seal in Florida

/////////////////////////////////////

It's amazing how the Atheists attack Christianity, but Islam they support.. I'm wondering who funds these bastards.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
First it's Jews having the Lords prayer and Christmas banned in public schools and buildings now it's Atheists.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

It's amazing how the Atheists attack Christianity, but Islam they support.. I'm wondering who funds these bastards.

Because Muslims would beat the f*ing crap out of them that's why. They don't put up with any of that nonsense.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
All attacks on Christianity could be stopped instantly by removing the head of the lead lawyer with the law firm representing the atheists. Christians can learn much from Muslims.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When you ask them why assault Christianity only they either say...

"Well I don't like any religion." (safe)

or

"Christians are the real terrorist!"

But the bottom line is that Muslims would find them and make them pay physically.

All attacks on Christianity could be stopped instantly by removing the head of the lead lawyer with the law firm representing the atheists. Christians can learn much from Muslims.

Not that I condone that at all... but that would quiet them down real quick. Atheists know the deal. Attacking Islam with the same fervor is asking for a world of hurt.

Atheists are bullies... plain and simple.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The US is 78.4% Christian and .6% Muslim. I don't think Muslims are a political threat to atheists in the US.

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Or they will say stuff like Cliffy is saying.

But the reality is... fear... Muslims would beat the living s*** out of Atheists if they started attacking Islam. A world of hurt would visit them and they know it.

You won't see any Atheist billboards denouncing Islam during Ramadan by the Atheists. Oh heck no. Muslims wouldn't stand for that. Atheists know that.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Or they will say stuff like Cliffy is saying.

But the reality is... fear... Muslims would beat the living s*** out of Atheists if they started attacking Islam. A world of hurt would visit them and they know it.

You won't see any Atheist billboards denouncing Islam during Ramadan by the Atheists. Oh heck no. Muslims wouldn't stand for that. Atheists know that.

Atheists vs Islam

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Actually the Anchor and Chain is an aggregious Christian symbol as well

Early Christians chose to use the anchor as a symbol of hope and of
Eternal Life, since Jesus Christ is the unfailing hope of all who believe in
Him. This ancient Christian symbol was widely found in the catacombs and
ancient Christian cemetaries

I think the Americans United are going to have to put out a list of acceptable symbols for Public entities. Clearing out anything that smacks of religion, sexism, race origins.

In fact that red heart is in Christian iconography as well, in the Sacred Heart of Jesus.. in fact i think their might be some mysterious religious numerology behind the year 1882.. BEWARE.. insidious believers are everywhere undermining the true American Religion... ATHEISM. (Even the Founding Father's Deism is suspect.) :roll:

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not at all. But I am right. Atheists know the deal. If they attack Islam they are getting F*ed up bad.

Geez... you're striking out all over today aren't you?
Glad to hear it.

You'll be happy to know that we have found no official government works in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave that have Islamic imagery on them.