Another Cop Crosses the Line!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Police State Horror in suburban Toledo neighborhood

A man allegedly asked a police officer to move his vehicle, because he was blocking the man’s driveway. The officer was writing a license plate citation for someone else. The officer’s car is marked Washington Township.

You can then see from pictures and video that the man, his wife, and fourteen year old son and manhandled, forced to lay in the street, and repeatedly threatened with violence.

The officer is also seen snatching a phone from a witness and throwing it. The man was talking to Toledo police. The officer orders the man not to talk to Toledo police about the incident.

The officer then screams at witnesses, who are standing far away, to leave the area.

Neighbors mass and express horror and call Toledo police.

The scene is reminiscent of totalitarian police states where it is illegal to question the actions of a police officer.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I hope the law gets lessons in how to not get pissed when trailer people are cursing you down. I was surprised the phone was tossed so carefully onto the lawn. Perhaps the trend should be the cop stay in his car and just honk his horn and point and the criminal comes over to the car and takes the ticket and nobody gets shot and the ticket can be fought in court so bring the vids on a memory stick so the Judges can get a laugh or two and not really have to listen to people telling half truths, and badly at that. 20 cases a day instead of 1 case every 20 days.

"asked a police officer to move his vehicle"
Seriously, the lights were on, should he have left the siren blaring during the stop. Another report said the man in the truck was related to the one that was stopped and he went over when not invited to.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Police State Horror in suburban Toledo neighborhood

A man allegedly asked a police officer to move his vehicle, because he was blocking the man’s driveway. The officer was writing a license plate citation for someone else. The officer’s car is marked Washington Township.

You can then see from pictures and video that the man, his wife, and fourteen year old son and manhandled, forced to lay in the street, and repeatedly threatened with violence.

The officer is also seen snatching a phone from a witness and throwing it. The man was talking to Toledo police. The officer orders the man not to talk to Toledo police about the incident.

The officer then screams at witnesses, who are standing far away, to leave the area.

Neighbors mass and express horror and call Toledo police.

The scene is reminiscent of totalitarian police states where it is illegal to question the actions of a police officer.

One crazy Toledo cop does not a totalitarian police state make.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
All we have to go by is what was videoed after they were removed from the vehicle. The father made it difficult to stand him up- His son did not.
What else am i missing?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Looked to me like bat **** crazy trouble makers. And he didn't tell them to not call anyone, he told them it's not Toledo police jurisdiction.

Without seeing what actually transpired between the grownups and the cop before the neighbours started filming, I'd have a hard time saying what's what in this case. The teen definitely didn't seem overly ruffled. Frankly, he seemed like this is normal. Now, not that all trailer living folks are the same, but, I've spent enough time living near trailer parks to have noticed a massive addiction to drama.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
All we have to go by is what was videoed after they were removed from the vehicle. The father made it difficult to stand him up- His son did not.
What else am i missing?

My experience when the police have ever blocked my driveway is to park somewhere else until they are finished ....

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Especially if a shoot out looks imminent.

Could have a warrant ya know. I had joined the army, never appeared for a speeding ticket - Warrant issued. My sister knew about it as she knew some Officers, small town- she paid it off as they were going to wait at the airport for me, for something like that.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Could have a warrant ya know. I had joined the army, never appeared for a speeding ticket - Warrant issued. My sister knew about it as she knew some Officers, small town- she paid it off as they were going to wait at the airport for me, for something like that.
wow 8O
they were gonna get their man, regardless

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

From watching the video I'd say he went overboard, slightly, after being harassed by the 'small town redddnekks'. No demand to move the cruiser, no dwama, no video. No 15 minutes of fame.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

No it doesn't. Unfortunately though this has become commonplace and we see far to much of it. There are too many cops that believe they are the law and can do as they please. They need to learn they are there to serve us, not abuse us. It is also high time them and the politicians start being held accountable to the law just like the rest of us. They are continually allowed to get away with breaking the law which only encourages and empowers them to do it more.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
From watching the video I'd say he went overboard, slightly, after being harassed by the 'small town redddnekks'. No demand to move the cruiser, no dwama, no video. No 15 minutes of fame.

My comment was only in rebuttal to the bolded and underlined statement that PN made. I know cops are people, people have bad days, but to my way of thinking law enforcement officers need to be calm, cool and collected individuals. Going overboard,even slightly, not really the mark of a good law enforcement official in my opinion. Not saying he's awful or the worst out there but cops that don't/ can't keep their cool, well the fear is they'll be the ones to shoot first and ask questions later.

I'm speaking generally of course not to this specific situation.

No it doesn't. Unfortunately though this has become commonplace and we see far to much of it. There are too many cops that believe they are the law and can do as they please. They need to learn they are there to serve us, not abuse us. It is also high time them and the politicians start being held accountable to the law just like the rest of us. They are continually allowed to get away with breaking the law which only encourages and empowers them to do it more.

See now I would question just how "commonplace" it really is. How many of the many,many daily interactions with the public are we really privy to? I think we need to be careful just how far we extrapolate from the information that we are getting, in my opinion.

I do agree that there is at the very least a perception of the thin blue line. How thick of a line that really is, is probably debatable but I think when it comes to anything involving the public trust, perception can be everything. For myself though, I tend to be wary of looking at one cop having a tantrum ( if that's what we call it) and drawing a straight line to" totalitarian police state". Not because it can't get there, but because solutions to problems only work when we correctly identify the problems.

In my opinion what's needed is better training and more thorough vetting of candidates. What I, as a citizen, want in a police force are well trained individuals, able to diffuse situations calmly and effectively. Then my trust, and I believe that of the general public, is going to increase.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
My comment was only in rebuttal to the bolded and underlined statement that PN made. I know cops are people, people have bad days, but to my way of thinking law enforcement officers need to be calm, cool and collected individuals. Going overboard,even slightly, not really the mark of a good law enforcement official in my opinion. Not saying he's awful or the worst out there but cops that don't/ can't keep their cool, well the fear is they'll be the ones to shoot first and ask questions later.

I'm speaking generally of course not to this specific situation.

See now I would question just how "commonplace" it really is. How many of the many,many daily interactions with the public are we really privy to? I think we need to be careful just how far we extrapolate from the information that we are getting, in my opinion.

I do agree that there is at the very least a perception of the thin blue line. How thick of a line that really is, is probably debatable but I think when it comes to anything involving the public trust, perception can be everything. For myself though, I tend to be wary of looking at one cop having a tantrum ( if that's what we call it) and drawing a straight line to" totalitarian police state". Not because it can't get there, but because solutions to problems only work when we correctly identify the problems.

In my opinion what's needed is better training and more thorough vetting of candidates. What I, as a citizen, want in a police force are well trained individuals, able to diffuse situations calmly and effectively. Then my trust, and I believe that of the general public, is going to increase.
Agreed.

I would point out than in a real totalitarian police state, rather than a whiny-liberal-dwama-queen "totalitarian police state," the cop simply would have shot the family dead, then confiscated the phone with which the video was taken, possibly shooting its owner dead as well.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Agreed.

I would point out than in a real totalitarian police state, rather than a whiny-liberal-dwama-queen "totalitarian police state," the cop simply would have shot the family dead, then confiscated the phone with which the video was taken, possibly shooting its owner dead as well.

Well yeah, if you want to get all technical about it. ;)