Student Stopped From Passing Out Constitution On Constitution Day At College

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Students Banned from Passing Out Constitutions on Constitution Day at Modesto Junior College - YouTube

It isn’t troubling that a college might have some rules. It is troubling they see the need to insert themselves to stop free speech, to create “free speech zones” and to even restrict the number of people (apparently no more than 2) who can speak/pass out information at any given time.

Via Fox News:
The Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, but don’t try to pass out copies of it at Modesto Junior College in California.

A student at the school who tried to pass out pocket-size pamphlets of the very document that memorializes our rights got shut down on Sept. 17 – a date also known as Constitution Day. Campus authorities told Robert Van Tuinen, who caught the whole thing on videotape, he could only pass out the free documents at a tiny designated spot on campus, and only then if he scheduled it several days in advance.

Keep reading…

Student Stopped From Passing Out Constitution On Constitution Day At College | Weasel Zippers

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You know what? I'm really beginning to believe all the conspiracy stuff that's going around. Me thinks there's more truth to them then we think.....shaking my head.