Well, At Least It Wasn't In Toronto

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Police shoot man seeking help after car crash

By Reuters

An unarmed man who was shot dead after running toward police officers in Charlotte, North Carolina, may have been just trying to get help after crashing his car, police said.
A woman called 911 after Jonathan Ferrell, 24, began knocking insistently on her front door in a leafy residential neighborhood in Charlotte at about 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said.
The woman, who immediately closed the door on Ferrell after seeing it was not her husband, may not have been aware that he had just crawled out of his wrecked car in nearby woods, police said.
Three police officers arrived, finding Ferrell a short distance from the woman's house. As soon as the officers got out of their vehicles, Ferrell started running toward them, police said.
One officer unsuccessfully fired a Taser at Ferrell, but he kept running. Randall Kerrick, another officer, then shot Ferrell several times with his service weapon, killing him, police said.
Police found Ferrell's wrecked car later in the morning.

The police department has placed all three officers on administrative leave while they investigate the shooting. Detectives charged Kerrick with voluntary manslaughter on Saturday.
"Our investigation has shown that Officer Kerrick did not have a lawful right to discharge his weapon during this encounter," the police department said in a statement.

Police shoot man seeking help after car crash - World - Canoe.ca

Boy their faces must be red now eh?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
it's the thing to do now apparently: if you are uncertain at all......shoot first and ask questions after...but hey that's what you get when you refuse to hire people with IQs over 105

how can we continue this way, it is happening in Canada and the States, just shoot

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I never much took to that story. I'd assume it took a couple shots after tazering before he realized this guy could be a zombie.
How do you know for sure?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I never much took to that story. I'd assume it took a couple shots after tazering before he realized this guy could be a zombie.
How do you know for sure?

Well we just don't know for sure. And conventional wisdom dictates that when the zombie apocalypse starts, it will be begin in Charlotte N.C.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Brains!! Brains!! Brains!!

In Charlotte??

I'm just kidding, I don't know Charlotte. She could very well be a bright kid. :)

Joking aside, it's pretty sad though, poor guy has a car accident and then gets shot by the cops. Although I've got to wonder why he wasn't able to verbalize what was wrong, either to the woman in the house or the police on the street. Either he was really messed up from the accident or he was really stoned, in either case unable to follow instructions to stop.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Although I've got to wonder why he wasn't able to verbalize what was wrong, either to the woman in the house or the police on the street. Either he was really messed up from the accident or he was really stoned, in either case unable to follow instructions to stop.
Air bags are like getting punched. Lots of broken jaws and noses from those things.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Air bags are like getting punched. Lots of broken jaws and noses from those things.

Could be, messed up from the accident, on his feet purely by adrenaline. But you'd think it would be physically obvious that he was hurt wouldn't it?