Siberian husky is killed by a 10ft python

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Pictured: The horrifying moment a family's pet Siberian husky is killed by a 10ft PYTHON which slithered into their yard

• A 38-pound African rock python killed Siberian husky, Duke, in a backyard
  • The owner's son tried to kill the snake with gardening scissors
  • The family is reportedly related to accused murderer Jose R. Rojas

All the rest at the link...*warning*...graphic content and photos. Proceed at your own risk.

PYTHON killed pet Siberian husky: family reportedly related to accused murderer Jose R. Rojas | Mail Online

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

The owner stabbed the snake with scissors to try and free the dog.. ****, I would have gotten a shovel and beheaded the snake right there.

The pythons are not indigenous to Florida, and because of "people" once more being irresponsible and releasing these snakes into the wild they have found a perfect breeding ground in the Miami everglades and surrounding swamps and ponds.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
If one pours alcohol into the eyes of the constrictor it will immediately break contact and release its victim. Loss of vision is a bigger deal than losing doggy dinner.

The dog was chained and couldn't escape from the constrictor.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
People attacking the snake for doing the natural thing.

Very strange.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
People attacking the snake for doing the natural thing.

Very strange.

Well, it's not Africa.

Here's a perverse thought: I think, some years ago, some venal idiot released a bunch of pythons and etc. into the Everglades knowing full well they would breed and be nigh on impossible to eradicate. - as if the native alligators needed assistance.

But that's just my cynical self.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Yeah, but does the snake know that?

What do you want it to do? Quickly nip back to the Congo for its lunch?

Should NEVER have allowed any of them to be imported as "pets", just horribly stupid.

Nipping back to the Congo is a pretty good idea. No return flight.:lol:

Anytime you're looking for a job as a straightman, we could go on the road.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The problem with pythons in North America is that their appearance is so sudden that native fauna is not capable of adapting with sufficient speed to prevent being wiped out. Many of the endangered birds in Florida have been totally wiped out.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I guess its like those African killer bees. according to a documentary I saw they are more sexually aggressive, or was it that their sperm was more potent? in any event, they apparently have an unusual high tolerance for cold and are traveling further and further north. I hope they don't make it to Toronto. :shock: :(