Bus rider’s face smashed in during ‘hate attack’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yes, you guessed it alright.

An attacker pummeled a bus passenger so hard he smashed the bones in his face after calling the victim a “cracker” in Manhattan – marking the second time in two days that people appeared to be randomly targeted in racial tirades against white people, authorities said.

In the latest incident, the suspect passed a 31-year-old rider on the M60 bus riding through Harlem, on West 127th Street, between Amsterdam Avenue and Morningside Drive, around 2:45 p.m., Friday, when he shouted the racial slur and punched the victim in the face, breaking his nose and eye socket, cops said.

The victim was treated for facial fractures at New York Presbyterian Hospital and released, police said.

The incident occurred as authorities reported that Jeffrey Babbitt, 62, fell into a coma after being punched and knocked to the ground in Union Square Park on Wednesday. He was taken off life support and died Monday, sources said.

In that case, a 31-year-old allegedly yelled that he was going to “f— up” the next white person he saw, before clocking Babbitt so hard that witnesses reported hearing his skull crack on the pavement.

Two people who tried to help the victim were also punched but refused medical attention at the scene, law enforcement sources said.
The assailant waited for police to arrest him and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the assault was being investigated as a hate crime.

The suspect in the Harlem attack is 5-foot-11, 185 pounds and is believed to be in his late 30s.

Bus rider’s face smashed in during ‘hate attack’ | New York Post

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Mine is a fair question... Unless, of course, the base tenants advocated by Sharpton and Jackson apply exclusively to the black population in America
No, they believe in "justice" for all. . . they simply focus on justice for black people.

Your position seems to be a bit like what I've heard some people say about any kind of work or charity. If you give money or work for, say, cancer research, you're being hypocritical and unjust because you're not also giving money or work to heart disease research.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
No, they believe in "justice" for all. . . they simply focus on justice for black people.

Your position seems to be a bit like what I've heard some people say about any kind of work or charity. If you give money or work for, say, cancer research, you're being hypocritical and unjust because you're not also giving money or work to heart disease research.

Interesting analogy... Another analogy might be like suggesting that lawyers are bound to represent all, but will only do so if you fit into their preferred racial profile

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, you guessed it alright.

An attacker pummeled a bus passenger so hard he smashed the bones in his face after calling the victim a “cracker” in Manhattan – marking the second time in two days that people appeared to be randomly targeted in racial tirades against white people, authorities said.
Big deal. Are the niggas making you mad? Do you have some sort of problem with non-whites?

The only difference between this and a robbery is he didn't steal anything and there are how many robberies that a racially motivated a day? Locally it's plenty. Jew York must have thousands a day with a number of them ending up with people hurt far worse than a facial fracture which isn't "smashing somebody's face in".

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The difference here as compared to the 'charity' example is that there are no Constitutional rights or legislation that demand all charities be contributed to on an equal basis
There's no Constitutional right or legislation that binds private parties (which is what Sharpton and Jackson are) to spreading their efforts evenly among the population.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
... So, how is it that when the Klan and various neo-nazi groups do it, there is no lack of Federal authorities breathing down their necks?

You'd almost expect that in a society that seeks to promote equality, that racially-themed lobby groups would all be in the same boat.

Strange, non?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
... So, how is it that when the Klan and various neo-nazi groups do it, there is no lack of Federal authorities breathing down their necks?

You'd almost expect that in a society that seeks to promote equality, that racially-themed lobby groups would all be in the same boat.

Strange, non?
Because the Klan and various neo-Nazi groups have a record of murder. How many murders have been committed by the Rainbow PUSH Coalition?

Calling the Klan and the Nazis "lobby groups" is a little out of touch with reality.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Strange, non?
They have a right to exist.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Because the Klan and various neo-Nazi groups have a record of murder. How many murders have been committed by the Rainbow PUSH Coalition?

Every single one of them are recorded for such?

My apologies

Calling the Klan and the Nazis "lobby groups" is a little out of touch with reality.

Slippery slope Mr. Bones...

They have a right to exist.

Don't know if I trust wiki-answers, but if this is correct, those racially-themed groups should all be receiving Fed funds.

How much federal funding and grants does the government give the NAACP

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Don't know if I trust wiki-answers, but if this is correct, those racially-themed groups should all be receiving Fed funds.

How much federal funding and grants does the government give the NAACP
You can trust them to feed your biases.

Interestingly, I googled "NAACP federal funding" and the first two pages were either about NAACP advocacy for Federal funding for other organisations or projects, or drooling imbeciles raving about the "racist" NAACP receiving Federal funding, without ever even specifying, much less proving, what this funding is and how they get it.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
You can trust them to feed your biases.

For myself, this isn't about bashing one group or another as much as it is about the politics surrounding race and all of the associated issues.

The cliche that "Some people are more equal than others" rings loudly in this particular circumstance

Interestingly, I googled "NAACP federal funding" and the first two pages were either about NAACP advocacy for Federal funding for other organisations or projects, or drooling imbeciles raving about the "racist" NAACP receiving Federal funding, without ever even specifying, much less proving, what this funding is and how they get it.

That's why I added the caveat about wiki-answers.

btw - I'm guessing that you'll find the same when you google some skin head group... Much ranting and raving on a pro and con basis

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
For myself, this isn't about bashing one group or another as much as it is about the politics surrounding race and all of the associated issues.

The cliche that "Some people are more equal than others" rings loudly in this particular circumstance

That's why I added the caveat about wiki-answers.

btw - I'm guessing that you'll find the same when you google some skin head group... Much ranting and raving on a pro and con basis
I don't know how many times I have to say I oppose any sort of government-mandated "restorative justice" or "reparations" or other compensatory discrimination.

However, when it comes to blacks, I find that most of the government action that benefits them is directed toward the poor, and also benefits non-black poor. As far as private parties yelling, I don't much care whether you're an anti-black racist, an anti-white racist, or waiting for the mothership. Imbeciles are a penny a tonne.