Kitten thrown from car, killed during animal rights demonstration

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Police gave Channel 9 a picture they hope will lead to the person who threw a kitten from a car, killing it.

The cat was thrown toward a group of demonstrators gathering in uptown this weekend.

On Sunday, activists met to show their support for Japan Dolphin Day, which is an effort raise awareness about dolphin slaughter in Japan.

“We were set up right here on the corner,” said organizer Bruce Pinckney, who was pointing to the corner of Trade and Tryon streets.

Pinckney said he still can’t believe what happened.

“A guy stopped and threw a kitten out into the street in front of us,” he said.

“When the kitten impacted the street, its leg broke, it panicked, it ran in like a semicircle and was in obvious extreme pain.”

“We immediately ran out and scooped the cat up, and we brought him back up here to this corner. We basically tried to comfort him the best we could,” he said.

The kitten was 6-8 weeks old and broke its leg as it landed.

And while event organizers tried to help it, the kitten died about 10 minutes later.

Police said they are trying to use the uptown cameras to track down the car.

Animal Care and Control said the cat did not have a microchip or any ID tags.

While investigators try to find the person responsible, Pinckney and his group just want to understand why.

Police: Kitten thrown from car, killed during animal rights... | www.wsoctv.com

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Police gave Channel 9 a picture they hope will lead to the person who threw a kitten from a car, killing it.

The cat was thrown toward a group of demonstrators gathering in uptown this weekend.

On Sunday, activists met to show their support for Japan Dolphin Day, which is an effort raise awareness about dolphin slaughter in Japan.

“We were set up right here on the corner,” said organizer Bruce Pinckney, who was pointing to the corner of Trade and Tryon streets.

Pinckney said he still can’t believe what happened.

“A guy stopped and threw a kitten out into the street in front of us,” he said.

“When the kitten impacted the street, its leg broke, it panicked, it ran in like a semicircle and was in obvious extreme pain.”

“We immediately ran out and scooped the cat up, and we brought him back up here to this corner. We basically tried to comfort him the best we could,” he said.

The kitten was 6-8 weeks old and broke its leg as it landed.

And while event organizers tried to help it, the kitten died about 10 minutes later.

Police said they are trying to use the uptown cameras to track down the car.

Animal Care and Control said the cat did not have a microchip or any ID tags.

While investigators try to find the person responsible, Pinckney and his group just want to understand why.

Police: Kitten thrown from car, killed during animal rights... | www.wsoctv.com

Wow, cruel and moronic. Those are two things we definitely need more of in this world. Personally I think many animal "rights" activists take this a bit too far, in my opinion they extend rights beyond what even most human beings are entitled to. But having said that only the feeblest of individuals would think throwing any living thing from a moving vehicle is either funny or appropriate.

Hopefully they don't plan to drive by a reproductive rights gathering. Goodness knows what they'll throw from a moving car then.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
We are the most effed up species on the plant, I swear.

I've always felt more compassion and tenderness for animals than for people. I do have compassion for people, it's not like I'm completely unfeeling when it comes to people - I just react more strongly with animals. I think part of this is because humans have logic whereas animals have only instinct, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Does anyone else feel this way, and have you figured out why?

Just perusing the Internet I found this interesting thread.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110302214551AATDOxQ

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've always felt more compassion and tenderness for animals than for people. I do have compassion for people, it's not like I'm completely unfeeling when it comes to people - I just react more strongly with animals. I think part of this is because humans have logic whereas animals have only instinct, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Does anyone else feel this way, and have you figured out why?

Why do I feel more compassion and sympathy for animals more than I do people? Whats wrong with me? - Yahoo! Answers

Yes and no. I also have immense compassion and tenderness (my soft spot) for children.

Maybe it's an 'innocence' thing? Or perhaps it's because, as literally wild as animals can be, they're rarely as cruel as people can be...at least not just for kicks anyway.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Why do I feel more compassion and sympathy for animals more than I do people? Whats wrong with me? - Yahoo! Answers
I'm there.

It bothers me so much I can't watch any of those rescue programs. I have to turn the channel when animal abuse commercials are on tv. The impact leaves me frustrated and upset and angry, maybe even enraged. If I see someone do something to an animal which I deem abusive, I can't restrain myself. I act angry like a lunatic. I'm not balance about it and therefore am best to leave it alone and let someone more rational handle it because nothing is gained.

Road kill bothers me even...I think to myself, poor guy didn't make it.

I believe each of us is called in a different way to heal our planet. Anything vulnerable needs protection and support and different people have to have various areas of focus. If everyone cared most for children, then animals and old people would be left out etc.

I can help children. I can be around kids who are experiencing abuse and not turn away in horror. I can support them by advocating, I can listen to their stories because I can stand back from them, remove myself emotionally and have a more logical approach. I can allow myself to care. But abuse to animals or old people melts me down and impacts my emotions too strongly. I freeze and become useless. I can't work with animals or old people it would send me running for a cliff.

You just need to figure out what it means in terms of helping that's how I look at it anyway.