Why should they apologize- Such a buffoon.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why should they apologize- Prince Andrew - Such a buffoon.

They cannot know everyone- they were doing their job. Would the Royal Knob prefer they did not do their job.
Security works when everyone is aware of the procedures - Including ID person(s) who you are not familiar with.
Think of how large a number of staff they have.
The largest problem that Security has is with those that think they are above it.
And that leads to mistakes.
No apology should have been needed.

Prince Andrew ‘grateful’ for apology after Buckingham Palace police confront him, demand he identify himself | National Post

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They fricken well better know everyone that is supposed to be on the Palace grounds. ESPECIALLY members of the Royal Family. That IS who they are there to protect, and if they can't identify the Queen's second son they shouldn't be on that detail.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
and your point is what? Since there are 1200 support staff at Buckingham the security detail should not be expected to recognize the Queens own son?

For that to happen, it would have had to be the RCMP that were the security detail.

Yeah- the voice of inexperience.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Approximately 1,200 staff the security detail expected to recognize everyone? Security were doing their jobs, Properly. If you read this
Prince Andrew ‘grateful’ for apology after Buckingham Palace police confront him, demand he identify himself | National Post, a lot of people didn’t recognize him and a lot of people were pleased security did their jobs properly.

I don't live there, I'm not a Brit, and I'm not the one that was tasked with security at Buckingham Palace, but even I know what Prince Andrew looks like.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't live there, I'm not a Brit, and I'm not the one that was tasked with security at Buckingham Palace, but even I know what Prince Andrew looks like.

[/FONT]

That works well as long as there is no one else who looks like him. -:)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
gerry the first thing I thought of was why wouldn't they know who the Prince was?
They are the detail in charge of the safety of the Royal Family and they dont'
know who he might be? Hmmm who else don't they know?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
gerry the first thing I thought of was why wouldn't they know who the Prince was?
They are the detail in charge of the safety of the Royal Family and they dont'
know who he might be? Hmmm who else don't they know?

In this day and age you just can't never tell, what with all the piercings, tattoos, blue hair etc. Lizzy is probably quite predictable but the rest are doubtful, well perhaps with the exception of Camilla. (not much can be done to improve THAT)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why should they apologize- Prince Andrew - Such a buffoon.

They cannot know everyone- they were doing their job. Would the Royal Knob prefer they did not do their job.
Security works when everyone is aware of the procedures - Including ID person(s) who you are not familiar with.
Think of how large a number of staff they have.
The largest problem that Security has is with those that think they are above it.
And that leads to mistakes.
No apology should have been needed.

Prince Andrew ‘grateful’ for apology after Buckingham Palace police confront him, demand he identify himself | National Post

The police should apologise to Prince Andrew, and they have done.

The equivalent happening in the US, for example, would be White House security staff confonting and questioning Michelle Obama. That's how ludicrous it is.

How they say they didn't recognise one of the world's most famous people is beyond me.

The cops were the bufoons here, not the police. Bungling like this, though, is what to expect of the modern Metropolitan Police Force (or Metropolitan Police Service as they call it now).

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

[/FONT]

Add in the staff, the other that are authorized to visit, members of the Civil Service, Military and on and on.
Then explain to us what experience you have in this area?
Other than being wrong that is.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Add in the staff, the other that are authorized to visit, members of the Civil Service, Military and on and on.
Then explain to us what experience you have in this area?
Other than being wrong that is.

The cops were in the wrong.

I find it quite disturbing that the cops do not recognise not only one of the world's most famous men but also one of the people who they are assigned to protect.

They obviously were not shown a picture of Prince Andrew and told: "This is one of the royals you are protecting" (although perhaps they weren't shown a picture of him because it was thought they should have known who he was).

If something happened to Prince Andrew and it turns out it happened because the cops didn't realise who he was then there would have been serious questions.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The cops were in the wrong.

I find it quite disturbing that the cops do not recognise not only one of the world's most famous men but also one of the people who they are assigned to protect.

They obviously were not shown a picture of Prince Andrew and told: "This is one of the royals you are protecting" (although perhaps they weren't shown a picture of him because it was thought they should have kown who he was).

If something happened to Prince Andrew and it turns out it happened because the cops didn't realise who he was then there would have been serious questions.

Well tell me what a Security Detail does when they cannot positively ID a person?