Illegal burger stand refuses to shut down business

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Out of their hot greasy hands...

An illegal hamburger stand squatting at a rural intersection south of Hamilton, Ont., is refusing to close. And the area’s health unit is in a pickle over what to do next.

The burger hut has no running water, no permanent source of electricity, and no freezers or refrigerators for meat and condiments. The health unit said it was also unable to determine the origin of water used on site and whether it is pathogen free. The only toilet facilities are two port-a-johns beside an adjoining smoke shack.

Illegal burger stand refuses to shut down business | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Natives vs. the Canadian Gov't this is going to get interesting..

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
don't forget possible ecoli, salmonella, germs and diseases too. :shock:

awww- BHD... Cutta da dal with the guy on some freezers. he's a native pulling his own......weight...

What am I saying- its 2013. Send in Seal Six...2 dozen officers- HAZMAT backup.

. If you don't like it- go to Burger King

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Just post a bunch of warning signs and run tv/radio spots and see how long they stay open.

I'm not sure. If he's on native land, you play by native rules.

The pow wow at the Montana Crow rez used to have a 'pit buffalo bake', where they carved off a piece and served it to you on bannock. bloody delicious. Then the Health Nazis stepped in and they had to serve 'Cargill hamburger patties - that no one bought.

Then the Crow said' *&^%$^%&(( Honey )(*&^% MOoney ****(S, ITS rEZ LAND **&^% us..

Now the pit bison is back..On Bannock.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We do have minimum health standards. The bloody place has no running water and a couple porta potties. How does the frycook wash his/her hands? Shut the damn place down. It doesn't matter who's land it is.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
It's on disputed land, not a rez. Warn everyone away or move in some D7 dozers. Either way shut the dumba$$ down before he kills someone.

Treaties with Aboriginal people in Canada disputed land was ' grabbed ' at Caledonia outside of treaty.
prior to 1923 the Job of the Indian Agent in Southern Ontario was to 'reduce the size of the Reserve to fit the reduced populations.'

They are tired of being 'screwed around'.

We do have minimum health standards. The bloody place has no running water and a couple porta potties. How does the frycook wash his/her hands? Shut the damn place down. It doesn't matter who's land it is.

Again- given the murky land deals along the Grande River- the best recourse is 'stay out'. Let the tribal government handle it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Treaties with Aboriginal people in Canada disputed land was ' grabbed ' at Caledonia outside of treaty.
prior to 1923 the Job of the Indian Agent in Southern Ontario was to 'reduce the size of the Reserve to fit the reduced populations.'

Again- given the murky land deals along the Grande River- the best recourse is 'stay out'. Let the tribal government handle it.

My feeling is that the place is an open cess pool and dangerous to anyone who might eat anything cooked there. I think the feds should have jurisdiction over anything that is a danger to the public. The tribal government should already have handled it.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
My feeling is that the place is an open cess pool and dangerous to anyone who might eat anything cooked there. I think the feds should have jurisdiction over anything that is a danger to the public. The tribal government should already have handled it.

Juan- anyone who wants to go on the Grande river reserve and shut down a 'Burger stand' has never been there.:lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan- anyone who wants to go on the Grande river reserve and shut down a 'Burger stand' has never been there.:lol:

Well I certainly have never been there:smile:. I read that the place was on disputed land and not on a reserve, but I am getting tired of these kind of problems persisting because the designated authorities are not doing their jobs.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you
By the livin' God that made you
Your a braver man than I am, Gunga JUAN1!

SO MUCH historical crap took place at Grande River, which originally was the size of - Gambia. 1923 was when the badly shrunken reserve finally got -ELECTED GOVERNMENT.
We have diddled those folk so badly that they want 'whitey out'.

:p
Just post a bunch of warning signs and run tv/radio spots and see how long they stay open.

WARNING SINGS , ONTHE Grande???
bURNT EVERY 15 MINUTES...:p

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Out of their hot greasy hands...

An illegal hamburger stand squatting at a rural intersection south of Hamilton, Ont., is refusing to close. And the area’s health unit is in a pickle over what to do next.

The burger hut has no running water, no permanent source of electricity, and no freezers or refrigerators for meat and condiments. The health unit said it was also unable to determine the origin of water used on site and whether it is pathogen free. The only toilet facilities are two port-a-johns beside an adjoining smoke shack.

Illegal burger stand refuses to shut down business | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

Yeah, there's always complications when bureaucrats start asking questions! Maybe their water is in a bucket and maybe they cook with gas and maybe they take the perishables home at night. People should mind their own business.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

And I'm tired of all the BS about separate nations and separate govts and shelling out billions a year. Fu*k all the treaties, Fu*k all the reserves. Let them all join in as Canadians and live by our laws or fu*k off.

Apparently they aren't handling it. So what do we do now? This place is open and serving who knows what in the way of bacteria and parasites. Give them 2 minutes to grab personal belongings and then run the bulldozer over it...problem solved!

Yeah, there's always complications when bureaucrats start asking questions! Maybe their water is in a bucket and maybe they cook with gas and maybe they take the perishables home at night. People should mind their own business.

Are you nuts? Who knows what kind of E-coli and botulism is being served. We have minimum health standards for a good reason and no-one should be exempt from them for any reason.