Judge apologizes -comments on teen victim’s age defends 30-day sentence for rapist

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There is no way in hell this judge can justify a thirty day sentence for this rapist.
No way at all. His apology is worthless and fact in my view it makes it worse.
It says he was prejudice against the girl from the start, it does not matter if she
was a vestal virgin or a hussy. Rape is Rape period.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This guy has huge problems: Rambold was charged in October 2008 with three counts of sexual intercourse without consent after authorities alleged he had an ongoing sexual relationship with Cherice Moralez, starting the previous year when she was 14.

Then the court decides to dismiss the charges if he comepletes a sexual offender treatment program BUT: The case was revived in December after prosecutors learned Rambold, 54, was kicked out of the program for having unsupervised visits with minors who were family members and not telling counselors he was having a sexual relationship with a woman.

This guy needs to go away and he should never be in a position of authority around minors ever again.

As for the judge...he is a misgynist and he needs to be removed from the bench.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This guy has huge problems: Rambold was charged in October 2008 with three counts of sexual intercourse without consent after authorities alleged he had an ongoing sexual relationship with Cherice Moralez, starting the previous year when she was 14.

Then the court decides to dismiss the charges if he comepletes a sexual offender treatment program BUT: The case was revived in December after prosecutors learned Rambold, 54, was kicked out of the program for having unsupervised visits with minors who were family members and not telling counselors he was having a sexual relationship with a woman.

This guy needs to go away and he should never be in a position of authority around minors ever again.

As for the judge...he is a misgynist and he needs to be removed from the bench.

Guess the Judge thought she looked older. She committed suicide at age 16.

BILLINGS, Mont. — Protesters planned a Thursday afternoon rally outside a Montana courthouse to call for the resignation of a judge who said a 14-year-old rape victim was “older than her chronological age.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Guess the Judge thought she looked older. She committed suicide at age 16.

BILLINGS, Mont. — Protesters planned a Thursday afternoon rally outside a Montana courthouse to call for the resignation of a judge who said a 14-year-old rape victim was “older than her chronological age.
I heard a psychologist's opinion on that line and he said there is no such thing as being older than one's chronological age; if one is 14, then one is 14 and should be considered as such.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I heard a psychologist's opinion on that line and he said there is no such thing as being older than one's chronological age; if one is 14, then one is 14 and should be considered as such.

Yeah it is impossible - The Judge had his head up his a-s-s- Where the ruling he made should have stayed.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm still trying to figure out what really happened there. It is beyond belief so how did it happen? There has to be more to this story but I can't imagine what it could be.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How old was she when she killed herself at 16 I wonder?

BTW, 'position of power' is what makes this judge's ruling especially moronic and insane. If she was a 'mature' 14 year old (and yes, unfortunately I can kind of understand that, as girls hit puberty and physical and emotional maturity at a wide variety of ages), that makes her especially at risk for the appetites of an older male in a position of power over her.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So is the judge then saying that unless a female looks 14 then rape is ok?

He should be removed from the bench.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not so long ago there was a thread where an adult woman sexually abused a 14-year-old girl and people were making excuses for her because it was lesbianism.

It's funny how things are different when it's an adult man sexually molesting a 14-year-old girl.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Not so long ago there was a thread where an adult woman sexually abused a 14-year-old girl and people were making excuses for her because it was lesbianism.

It's funny how things are different when it's an adult man sexually molesting a 14-year-old girl.

Was said woman also in her 50's at the time and in a position of authority over the younger female? I don't think that was the case.

Now put a heterosexual couple when the "older adult" individual is 18 or 19 years of age and do a comparison in that situation. I believe then you would find attitudes similar to the scenario that you mentioned.

The "excuses" as you call them were not due to lesbianism or homosexuality but due to the ages of both parties in that specific situation.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Was said woman also in her 50's at the time and in a position of authority over the younger female? I don't think that was the case.

It doesn't matter whether you are 18 or 58. It's still illegal to have sex with anybody under the age of consent and an 18 year old female paedophile should not be treated more leniently than a male paedophile in his 50s. They are both equally as bad.

Yet numpties on here who were excusing lesbian paedophile are now supposedly all outraged about this case. It's hypocrisy.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I missed where this relationship was with a fellow student.

Funny how, because it was lesbianism in the other case, you don't seem to understand the facts behind it hey?

It doesn't matter whether you are 18 or 58. It's still illegal to have sex with anybody under the age of consent and an 18 year old female paedophile should not be treated more leniently than a male paedophile in his 50s. They are both equally as bad.

Yet numpties on here who were excusing lesbian paedophile are now supposedly all outraged about this case. It's hypocrisy.

lol. Yes, 18 and 58 are treated the same in the eyes of the law.... thus many people suggesting that perhaps the law needs to get its eyes checked.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Uh huh. Yeah. Right.

So shall I devote my Saturday morning to dredging up older threads where the the individuals involved in similar cases were much closer together and the membership of this forum was not up in arms and calling an 18 year old a pedophile? Because I pour a hell of a big cup of coffee on Saturdays and I need something to do while I sip it.