More robocall info

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
'Pierre Poutine' Robocalls Plot Detailed In New Documents

In fact, the new records show, Rogers gave Mathews the name of the customer who currently uses that IP address. The company has since corrected itself, Mathews wrote in the documents filed in court.

"The true subscriber for [the IP address] during the timeframe requested was 'The Marty Burke Campaign,'" Mathews said.

The IP was registered to the conservative campaign office in Guelph, the pre-paid cards were bought in the area, the pre-paid phone was bought there then activated through the cell tower closest to the office and subsequent logins to Racknine went through Andrew Prescott's computer. It used a list of non-supporters compiled by the conservatives. Sona is getting blamed, but this wasn't just one guy working on his own.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The IP was registered to the conservative campaign office in Guelph, the pre-paid cards were bought in the area, the pre-paid phone was bought there then activated through the cell tower closest to the office and subsequent logins to Racknine went through Andrew Prescott's computer. It used a list of non-supporters compiled by the conservatives. Sona is getting blamed, but this wasn't just one guy working on his own.

If someone hands you a joint for one toke, something that millions of Canadians have done btw, does that make it yours?

Someone could have given the prepaid cards and phone to the guy... Doesn't mean he's in possession of them, right?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Someone could have given the prepaid cards and phone to the guy... Doesn't mean he's in possession of them, right?

Why limit the excuses, the guy tripped and accidentally set up an account under an assumed name with Racknine that eventually used thousands of names from the conservative complied list of non-supporters to call them on election day to tell them to go vote at non-existent polling stations all coordinated through the computer of Andrew Prescott at the Guelph conservative campaign headquarters. That way no one has to do time and the conservatives can use the tripping excuse the next time they rip us off on election day.

I'm thinking of a massive mail-out telling all non-conservatives the wrong date next election may get Harper or whoever replaces him back in office. Why think small when it's all about imposing an ideology on Canada that most of us want nothing to do with.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
They were guilty of robocalls and they got caught. Now admit it and move on.
No one is going to jail and the idea is to put an end to the action not go out and
imprison someone.
I think it was despicable however I also understand its an event in history and its
time to move on.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
They were guilty of robocalls and they got caught. Now admit it and move on.
No one is going to jail and the idea is to put an end to the action not go out and
imprison someone.
I think it was despicable however I also understand its an event in history and its
time to move on.

I think it's important in the sense that the conservatives really don't enjoy the democratic confidence of Canadians, instead they felt they needed to run a massive con to insure their majority in the last election.

If most Canadians are aware of this then maybe we won't get fooled again in 2015.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I think it's important in the sense that the conservatives really don't enjoy the democratic confidence of Canadians, instead they felt they needed to run a massive con to insure their majority in the last election.

If most Canadians are aware of this then maybe we won't get fooled again in 2015.

When you reach the point of realizing they are all corrupt, nah that won't happen.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

So, you figure your efforts on a little two bit yapping forum is gonna do that? Where were you when Turdeau and Chretien were raping Canada? Not born yet?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
So, you figure your efforts on a little two bit yapping forum is gonna do that? Where were you when Turdeau and Chretien were raping Canada? Not born yet?

Of course it isn't but as Canadian politics is a central feature of this forum, it takes a complete imbecile to claim that actions that call into question the very concept of a democratic Canada aren't relevant to discussion here.

Are we supposed to quietly pretend that our current federal leader and government even care about democratic laws and traditions in Canada because that's a convenient fiction for a few here?

I was around for all the Pierre Trudeau years and from what I remember he was pretty popular, I'm not sure how he "raped Canada". But I'm probably biased about the Trudeau years, I was about six at the time and a neighbour was running as part of P.E.T.'s first campaign. His daughter was my girlfriend at the time and her father was one of the coolest guys I've ever met...so people who go on endlessly about evil Liberals are probably insane in my opinion. Especially when you consider the fact that the Liberals were so successful because they appealed to the values of most Canadians, they didn't always try and impose their's on us the way Harper does.

I wasn't in Canada for the first few years of the Chretien mandate, but I had family members who were part of the Solidarity movement and spent a little time working with him. I think it's wonderful that we still have a Canada, so I'm not going to totally condemn Chretien either. I'll leave that once again to the unbalanced who seem to think they are somehow in possession of Canada and we all need to toddy up to them now.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Robocalls investigator ‘suspected that others were involved,’ document alleges | canada.com

“Sona denied being Pierre Poutine and suggested that as a young staffer it would not have been possible for him to carry out such a vast scheme (possibly speaking of all robocall complaints, arising in over 200 [electoral districts], rather than just Guelph),” Mathews wrote.

During the interviews, Sona said he couldn’t have arranged the robocalls because he didn’t have access to the list of identified non-Conservatives contained in the Conservative Party’s voter-tracking database.

But of course this is now "Harper Canada" where anything that might reflect poorly on the PM is impossible...so Michael Sona gets all the blame for what was really a national campaign by the conservatives to defraud the public the last general election.

Wow, defrauding 86 year old women with dying husbands, that's really something to take pride in...not.

The ITO also describes a November 2012 interview Mathews conducted with a Freda Dean, aged 86, who claimed the robocall kept her from casting a ballot.

At the time of the election, Dean’s husband was dying. After she received the fraudulent Poutine call she decided not to drive to the new poll location it provided because it was “too inconvenient to carry through with in light of the ongoing care her husband required from her,” Mathews wrote. Her real polling station was just behind her house.

“Consequently, she did not vote,” Mathews wrote.

In court documents filed last year, Mathews said that election workers reported seeing people tearing up their voter identification cards when they were told they had come to the wrong polling location.

Why should the government care, they obviously weren't conservatives or they wouldn't have been sent to the wrong location on election day.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Leeeberals are going to win a minority next election with NDP as kingmaker because of this **** combined with Duffy Douche.