MacKay creates fantasy offence for Trudeau

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Did Peter MacKay go too far in claiming that Justin Trudeau broke the law by smoking a little pot?

Peter MacKay Misleading Canadians By Saying Trudeau Broke Law, Professor Says

While it is illegal to grow, traffic or possess marijuana, smoking weed is not a criminal offence.

Should MacKay apologize to Canadians for abusing his position for a partisan attack on Trudeau?

Attaran said the Attorney General is supposed to discharge of his duties independently, and free from partisan influence, in order for the public to have confidence in the justice system.

Attaran said he believes a correction of the misstatements, and a contrite public apology for misleading Canadians about the law would be sufficient enough punishment for MacKay.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Did he have the joint in his hand?
No not that joint, that one has balls attached.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Did Peter MacKay go too far in claiming that Justin Trudeau broke the law by smoking a little pot?

Should MacKay apologize to Canadians for abusing his position for a partisan attack on Trudeau?

On a related note, is he planning to try Belinda Stronach for Apostasy?

Belinda Stronach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Now, perhaps one of these idiots that actually listen to this "professor" (ever met one??) would like to explain to me HOW one smokes a joint without being in possession?????????

Well......what we used to call "super-tokes", but still.

I think marijuana should be legal, I agree with Trudeau on this (I will go wash out my mouth with laundry soap in a moment) but this slithering making of excuses and avoidance of the question of a sitting MP breaking the law is sickening.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Now, perhaps one of these idiots that actually listen to this "professor" (ever met one??) would like to explain to me HOW one smokes a joint without being in possession?????????

I think marijuana should be legal, I agree with Trudeau on this (I will go wash out my mouth with laundry soap in a moment) but this slithering making of excuses and avoidance of the question of a sitting MP breaking the law is sickening.
the EKOS poll numbers show a drop of Liberal support on July 4-9 POLLING> > HOWEVER<THE CONSERATIVE upswing ( not yet formally polled) probably reversed t with Peety MacKay hysterically impersonating Carrie A Nation...

the Sept EKOS will show the damage level, if any.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Although, technically, one would be in possession of the joint, that could be a very slippery slope as technically one would be guilty of bootlegging when offering a drink from one's own bottle.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
if everyone in Canada were to say sorry there would be such an echo it
would deafen the entire world. Give me a break Peter is hunting and baiting
to no avail

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Make sure you don't mix the soap up with bleach. :p

It's not illegal to be high.

Unfortunately most of the ways to get high are. It is a bit annoying that cats are allowed to get stoned on catnip but we cant do something similar with drugs of our own - alcohol aside.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

If someone hands you a joint for one toke, something that millions of Canadians have done btw, does that make it yours?

The conservatives seem very concerned about image over reality here, people get far more intoxicated by alcohol on a regular basis, but this "reefer madness" BS still hangs on. The hydroponic stuff can be very strong but the old homegrown stuff is pretty mellow. I think as a nation we'd be better off with allowing citizens to grow a few plants at home and cut the organized crime element out of the business as much as possible. They'd still grow some to ship to the US, but the police would have lot less work here.

On a related note, is he planning to try Belinda Stronach for Apostasy?

Belinda Stronach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise known as "his dog", that MacKay has so much class.

I think the picture of him and the beer bong kind of puts in perspective his "outrage" over Trudeau doing what millions of Canadians already do.

Unfortunately most of the ways to get high are. It is a bit annoying that cats are allowed to get stoned on catnip but we cant do something similar with drugs of our own - alcohol aside.

I think this sums up well how ridiculous the situation over pot really is.:D

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If someone hands you a joint for one toke, something that millions of Canadians have done btw, does that make it yours?

Great point... Good thing though that a major drug supplier hasn't keened onto this loophole yet;

'No Judge; the 40 pounds of heroin aren't mine - someone just handed it to me.... Oh, and the 3 duffle-bags of cash? Same thing, someone just handed it to me'

The conservatives seem very concerned about image over reality here

Reality is that pot is still illegal

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Great point... Good thing though that a major drug supplier hasn't keened onto this loophole yet;

'No Judge; the 40 pounds of heroin aren't mine - someone just handed it to me.... Oh, and the 3 duffle-bags of cash? Same thing, someone just handed it to me'

Way to keep things in rational perspective, when people start doing heroin in 40 pound hits then maybe you have a point, until then you're just pissing into the wind.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Especially when smoked through a beer hookah...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Way to keep things in rational perspective, when people start doing heroin in 40 pound hits then maybe you have a point, until then you're just pissing into the wind.

You been copying other Members Posts? Well have ya?????

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

The law says that you are wrong, - but heck, that hasn't STOPPED YOU UP TO NOW....

&
scribd.scribd.