Don't wash yer chicken..........T.O. Star..............................

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Don’t wash chicken, say researchers | Toronto Star

Youse can choke it, rub it, put oil on it, massage it, but; fer god's sake DON'T WASH IT !!!

They say rinsing with cold water just spreads the baddies around, but cookin properly kills them.

We've always rinsed it with cold water, added the condiments, then popped it in the oven.with an onion up its . er. "opening".............No one's got disease so far.

What say you JUAN ??

Are you a chicken choker, or just right into the 350. ??

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Don’t wash chicken, say researchers | Toronto Star

Youse can choke it, rub it, put oil on it, massage it, but; fer god's sake DON'T WASH IT !!!

They say rinsing with cold water just spreads the baddies around, but cookin properly kills them.

We've always rinsed it with cold water, added the condiments, then popped it in the oven.with an onion up its . er. "opening".............No one's got disease so far.

What say you JUAN ??

Are you a chicken choker, or just right into the 350. ??

Well, my mom was my expert. She always gave the chicken a good rinse with cold water and dried it with paper towels. She then gave the inside of the chicken a good shot of salt and pepper, followed by the stuffing if you have any, and into the 350 degree oven it goes. Halfway through the cooking you can brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil so it will brown nicely. Cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
if the meat is properly cooked, it should help to kill the fecal contaminants. ;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't wash the chicken eh?

Also, don't eat eggs. No, wait, eggs are cool this week. Stay away from coffee though. That's okay too? What's in and what's out and how in the hell are we supposed to keep track?

Frig it, I'll just keep doing what I've always done. It's kept me alive thus far plus I really have no interest in justifying the career choices of researchers that couldn't get a real job.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
don't eat eggs. No, wait, eggs are cool this week.
I like eggs too, especially scrambled and chocolate/peanut butter ones. ;) :) :cool: too bad about the cholesterol. :(

its scary when women have fertilized eggs. it results in children and lots of child support. ;)