British males- Dirty, dirty and dirty. Gross

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Single British males- Dirty, dirty and dirty. Gross beyond belief.

Single men swap bed sheets 4 times a year, study finds - Health - CBC News

Watch out ladies, the man of your dreams may have the bed of your nightmares.

The average single man washes his sheets just four times per year, according to a survey by U.K. mattress company Ergoflex.

The survey asked Britons about their bed sheet hygiene and found a few stomach-churning results.

Among single men aged 18 to 25, 55 per cent changed their sheets every 3.1 months. Of that grubby group, 49 per cent figured that was an acceptable frequency, and another 19 per cent didn't care.

Not surprisingly, 17 per cent of those men also admitted that their soiled sheets had "put off" potential romantic partners.

"Romantic ambitions aside, we were more alarmed by the potential health risks that unhygienic bed sheets could cause, considering in particular two unwelcome night-time companions — dust mites and bed bugs," Ergoflex's Steven Willis wrote in a blog post.

The cleanest demographic were women aged 35 to 50; where 60 per cent changed their linens weekly.

Point - Weekly should be the max time.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
4 times a year ?

That seems a bit excessive................

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When I was single I used to change the sheets every week or so. I'd throw the used sheets in the wash machine once a week so there was generally clean sheets in the dryer when they were needed. Never thought of it as a big deal.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Why not when you have a hot chic over for the night, have her wash the dishes, clothes and change the sheets before she leaves?? ;)

Unless British men get laid less times a year than they change their sheets??

Generally, hot chics were not interested in doing my laundry....on the other hand, I never thought of asking them....:smile:

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
I heard of someone not cleaning their bedsheets for years and collecting dust mites in their lungs

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I would say these guys use a lot of cologne as well.
By it in bulk, saves money.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I would say these guys use a lot of cologne as well.
By it in bulk, saves money.

Gah! I could gag just thinking about that!

Unless British men get laid less times a year than they change their sheets??

You're assuming someone who only changes his sheets three or four times a year can actually attract the opposite sex at all. Or even the same sex. For sex. Big assumption. Very big assumption.

Simple solution is to just stay over at her place anyways.

Clean sheets, clean bathroom - far fewer science experiments at the back of the fridge..... Plus, you get to leave

Gasp! The waffles were a lie!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Gah! I could gag just thinking about that!

You're assuming someone who only changes his sheets three or four times a year can actually attract the opposite sex at all. Or even the same sex. For sex. Big assumption. Very big assumption.

Gasp! The waffles were a lie!

Not CM- He is neat and tidy like.
To late. I heard on the rumor net that some of the guys are getting all cleaned up, real pretty like.
Problem is they have to save up to buy one of these.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Not CM- He is neat and tidy like.

Didn't think he was anything but neat and tidy. But he has implied in the past that he's an impeccable host that makes waffles for a lady in the a.m.

To late. I heard on the rumor net that some of the guys are getting all cleaned up, real pretty like.
Problem is they have to save up to buy one of these.

Yes, please. Hygiene...embrace it fellas. :D

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Didn't think he was anything but neat and tidy. But he has implied in the past that he's an impeccable host that makes waffles for a lady in the a.m.

Yes, please. Hygiene...embrace it fellas. :D

This puppy will wear away that red neck they have.
I understood you were making the waffles???????????????

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Why wash the sheets? Just win the lottery and throw them out after the week is over, then purchase new ones.;)