Garbage-addicted rare white bear may have to be put down

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Garbage-addicted rare white bear may have to be put down

A rare white-furred bear that was relocated from a small town in B.C.'s Rocky Mountains last year may soon be shot and killed by conservation officers.

The bear is one of two white bear cubs — a pair of sisters — that began lingering around the town of Elkford, B.C. in the fall of 2011.

They got into the habit of picking through garbage for food and by 2012 the white-furred bears, which are actually the same species as regular black bears, were habituated to people and had outstayed their welcome.

But, because of the rare colour of their fur, conservation officers made an exception: Rather than shoot the bears, the B.C. Conservation Officer Service trapped and relocated them about 100 kilometres to the north, to a wilder area in Alberta's Kananaskis Country.

Now, one of the two white-furred bears has wandered back into town, and fallen back into its old ways.

Kathy Murray, the Elk Valley regional coordinator of the British Columbia Conservation Foundation's WildSafe B.C. program, says the bear probably won't get another break.

"It's pretty unlikely," she said. "This an example where relocating bears is not a solution. These bears are very smart and they remember easily-accessible food sources, and they will almost always come back."

As of Wednesday afternoon, conservation officers had not yet shot the white bear, but Murray says if it remains around town much longer, its future doesn't look promising.

The second white black bear cub removed last year from Elkford has not yet been spotted around town.

source: Garbage-addicted rare white bear may have to be put down - British Columbia - CBC News

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
zoo them ya morons... f*cking kill everything...we suck

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
She should be moved to the Spirit Bear sanctuary on the coast. It is a remote area where there is very little human habitat. The Spirit Bear is our provincial animal. Every effort should be made to save her.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Canadians should auction off the pelt after they shoot the bear. It would make a beautiful rug.
Polar bear rugs are going for $21K these days. When I was working for the Bay pt in 1989 while going to school, a polar bear was only $6500.

I bet this puppy would fetch $40K

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think this garbage eating white bear is more valuable dead than alive. Too bad.

Dude, you do not know how to make money...

*hick* ... hang on a sec ... gotta give the DJ some instructions...

http://stuff.digitalock.com/mynameisbosephus.mp3

Now look... In the first place you got Chinese getting rich who are so overpopulated they wiped out anything that could not withstand full-scale human-occupation 2000 years ago. They've been taking money out of the US and out of what should be the best country in the world by selling cheep-jack trinketitsoes (snuck in a forbidden word) because our education system is so damn thought-through by Canadians weathering WW-I&II I figured out by the 9th grade that if all it took to make assembly-line plastics was the IQ of a robot, therefore there must be vast worlds of financial and economic growth before moi.

*hick* Hang on, I'm going to get back to my point. This calls for the DJ to play something closer to the issue of bear preservation before the eyes of idiots who still think we haven't conquered the planet, as if we haven't been cultivating things like national parks since our ancestors had the wizdome to see what they were doing to the continent and had enough balance to understand how they were raping the environment to pay for life, such that at least there could be some sort of nobility in preserving places like Banff.

Okay... she's telling me I should listen to this: http://stuff.digitalock.com/dirtydeedjj.mp3

Back to the point. Germans are totally industrial and first world, and they were the worlds greatest exporter until just a few years, when China took over. Who knew that Germany's 70 million were selling more to the rest of the world that 1.2 billion Chinese until about a year ago?

What are they doing?

They are *making* things.

How?

Oh... with little things like micro-machinery capable of building nano-chips to make it cheaper and more efficient to make do with the resources one has... for starters.

Anyway Dude... *hick*... I apologize for that digression, let's get back to the issue of how you must be counting on Canada Pension or the Banks of Canada to think the best way to solve your problem is to shoot a white bear and sell the one-time hide, as if you didn't know enough to know that albinism is a double recessive, such that if you dont' know that albinism is a double-reccesive you're acting like a Wall-Street astroturfer.

Get two of them together and you can breed an endless supply of albino bear-skins to sell to the Sino****ing neo capitalists in China going kooky for the first time over having money.

... I was *going* to say "you idiot! Until I spent some times elsewhere... whereupon now I'm going to ask, "Dude, if we had a wet-garbage reserve where all the wet garbage was dumped in an electric-compound populated by garbage bears, such that we sold off the hides of the older sick-ones about to die"... Seriously... do you thing there would be a problem paying Innuit to patrol that compound?

http://stuff.digitalock.com/Will.I.Am-AlexOnTheSpot.mp3

Seriously. Just because that works for Canada does not mean one has to tell it to the United Nations if it is not making negative international trade.

What do you think the profit would be selling to Europe and China stuff they exterminated?

What do you think the profit would be if you got two white (albino) bears together?

Sad to say dude, but Canada is one of the greatest waste producers per capita on the planet. So what if we turn it back into bear-hide export without threatening the population.

Know anybody on Bay Street willing to handle/organize that?

Dude, you wanna exterminiate albino bears, when you're on the verge of being the only place able to supply them... and they made it cheep for you by wanting to eat garbage.

I bend down on one knee now and prey.

Does Quebec feel about bears? http://stuff.digitalock.com/dominique.mp3

Anyway dude, don't be dumb. You're living in a country able to make a bear compound around its wet garbage, having enough albino bears you can put them into separate compounds for quadruple the price per hide, and you're talking like those Crees up in northern Saskatchewan who thought it was funny to shoot 2000 Caribou crossing a lake, without pulling even one ivory tooth!

http://stuff.digitalock.com/crucifixion.mp3

Last edited:

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
The white bear could be sold to the Chinese. They love bear gall bladders.

Yeah, poaching of bears for their gall bladders used to be a problem until it was explained to Chinese-Canadians in the early 90's that the active ingredient in bear gall bladders is (R)-4-((10,13-dimethylhexadecahydro-1 H-cyclopental[a]phenanthren-17-yl)pentanoic acid, aka ursodiol, and that a bear's gall bladder is indistinguishable from a dog's gall bladder, such that an enterprising chinese medicinalist could go to the SPCA and collect dog gall bladders after the weekly euthenasia, soak those in ursodiol, and sell them to HK'ers, who would sell them to PRC'ers with a markup, until the PRC'ers figured it out, whereupon the PRC-purists responded by setting up bear-ranches (estimated head-count around 10,000), so...

... What it means is Chinese are already ranching bears... but they don't have albinos, so no, we don't kill that albino garbage bear... we breed it and feed it garbage.

Heck, we feed pigs garbage, and nobody's got a problem with that.

Hmm... come to think of it, it's an interesting cooincidence that we call male and female pigs and bears the same: sows and boars.

Admit it... wouldn't you have respect for a dude who can ranch bears?

Last edited:

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Yeah, poaching of bears for their gall bladders used to be a problem until it was explained to Chinese-Canadians in the early 90's that the active ingredient in bear gall bladders is (R)-4-((10,13-dimethylhexadecahydro-1 H-cyclopental[a]phenanthren-17-yl)pentanoic acid, aka ursodiol, and that a bear's gall bladder is indistinguishable from a dog's gall bladder, such that an enterprising chinese medicinalist could go to the SPCA and collect dog gall bladders after the weekly euthenasia, soak those in ursodiol, and sell them to HK'ers, who would sell them to PRC'ers with a markup, until the PRC'ers figured it out, whereupon the PRC-purists responded by setting up bear-ranches (estimated head-count around 10,000), so...

... What it means is Chinese are already ranching bears... but they don't have albinos, so no, we don't kill that albino garbage bear... we breed it and feed it garbage.

Heck, we feed pigs garbage, and nobody's got a problem with that.

Hmm... come to think of it, it's an interesting cooincidence that we call male and female pigs and bears the same: sows and boars.

Admit it... wouldn't you have respect for a dude who can ranch bears?

I have to respect anyone who can write like you. You write like Samuel Coleridge.