Who Is Brandy?.......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That was my first question........

Brandy South Africa Stadium Concert Empty! Why Only 40 People Showed Up For Johannesburg Nelson Mandela Tribute

Brandy may not be performing in South Africa again anytime soon. The singer held a stadium concert last weekend in a 90,000-seat arena in Johannesburg, but only 40 people showed up for the event! Brandy was performing as part of the Nelson Mandela Sport & Culture Day, but it seems that people didn’t want to stick around for the concert. The singer only performed two songs before leaving the stage.
Concert promoters claim the crowd wasn’t aware Brandy would be performing and therefore decided to leave after a long day. “It was late. People didn’t know there was a concert after the games,” @kabamo tweeted. “No one knew Brandy was around. Maybe a 40 people audience.”
Brandy at the 2013 BET Awards

More: Brandy South Africa Stadium Concert Empty! Why Only 40 People Showed Up For Johannesburg Nelson Mandela Tribute (VIDEO)#

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And she left after doing only 2 songs........

I once went to see Mac Wiseman at a festival, and it had rained hard all day, and it was an outdoor show and only about 40 to 50 people were present.......
His first word were " I have played to larger crowds and I have to admit to playing to smaller crowds, but you're gonna get the best damn show I can do " Or words to that effect....
And he did put on a good show and I have the video to prove it.........

A total professional

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I once went to see Mac Wiseman at a festival, and it had rained hard all day, and it was an outdoor show and only about 40 to 50 people were present.......
His first word were " I have played to larger crowds and I have to admit to playing to smaller crowds, but you're gonna get the best damn show I can do " Or words to that effect....

A total professional

Well clearly Mac Wiseman doesn't have what it takes to be a diva then. ;)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

A total professional
Well, y'know. 500 cable channels. Gotta fill 'em up with something.

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, that was a reference to Brandy, not to Mr. Wiseman. As you said, professionals. They play the room. No matter what.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Well clearly Mac Wiseman doesn't have what it takes to be a diva then. ;)
After 15 years I wasn't sure I had quoted him exactly so I pulled out of my library the video I had taken that day and listened to it, then decided to upload the first ten minutes to youtube. right up to where he is a mite more colourful in his wording
His comment on the size of the crowd is at the last minute

Mac Wiseman 1998 - YouTube

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
After 15 years I wasn't sure I had quoted him exactly so I pulled out of my library the video I had taken that day and listened to it, then decided to upload the first ten minutes to youtube. right up to where he is a mite more colourful in his wording

Your memory is a hell of a lot better than mine! I usually can't remember what I've had for breakfast, lol.

I can't listen at work, but I'll give a listen when I get home.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Yep, he's a class act for sure. :D

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What are some bad concerts you've been to?

I saw Three Dog Night backed up by Trooper in the Pacific Coliseum, in front of 400 people.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What are some bad concerts you've been to?

I saw Three Dog Night backed up by Trooper in the Pacific Coliseum, in front of 400 people.
One band that enjoyed....maybe for first two numbers they played were the stringdusters, not because they are bad musicians....they are excellent...maybe even too far ahead in their craft.
They start one of their own tunes and if you haven't heard it four or five times, you can't tell where they are going with it...seems to be all improvisation...

The Infamous Stringdusters - Don't Mean Nothin' [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] - YouTube

this is one of their best

The Infamous Stringdusters "You Can't Stop the Changes" - YouTube

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

A total professional

Maybe South Africans knew more about her music in advance than the promoters did...poor little prima donna.