Dr Phil- Missing since 2011 - Stated she was not missing and was with Grandma who doe

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Is it just me or it excessively repulsive that a polygraph test about a missing child is being televised for ratings? I mean, am I really that out of the ordinary because I don't watch this garbage? Apparently people do watch and here are two parents who, whether they did or did not have anything to do with their daughter's disappearance, are exploiting the issue on national television.

Man I sometimes think the human race is doomed.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Is it just me or it excessively repulsive that a polygraph test about a missing child is being televised for ratings? I mean, am I really that out of the ordinary because I don't watch this garbage? Apparently people do watch and here are two parents who, whether they did or did not have anything to do with their daughter's disappearance, are exploiting the issue on national television.

From what I understand after the first show was aired the Police started searching the property.
Child missing 2 years- with a Grandma who does not exist-
Ratings maybe- But things have started to move.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/20/4249830/adoptive-mom-to-dr-phil-erica.html

Erica Parsons’ adoptive parents declared on national TV Tuesday that they did not kill Erica, who has been missing since 2011 and is the subject of a widening hunt by investigators from Rowan County, the state and the FBI.

“Erica is not missing. Erica is with her grandmother,” Casey Parsons said on the “Dr. Phil” show on Tuesday. “This would all be over if … Erica would just pick the phone up and call.”

On the show, Casey Parsons and her husband, Sandy, said they dropped their daughter off with her biological grandmother, whom they identified as Irene Goodman or “Nan.”

The Parsonses told talk show host Phil McGraw that they hadn’t seen Erica, then 13, since leaving the girl with “Nan” in December 2011 at a Mooresville McDonald’s.

Police, however, say they haven’t been able to locate “Nan” or determine if she actually exists.

The show was taped in Hollywood last week – two weeks after Erica Parsons was reported missing by her adoptive brother James. A second episode featuring Casey and Sandy Parsons will air on Wednesday at 4 p.m. on WSOC-TV.

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
From what I understand after the first show was aired the Police started searching the property.
Child missing 2 years- with a Grandma who does not exist-
Ratings maybe- But things have started to move.

Then shame on the authorities for not moving faster. The brother reported her as missing. And it takes the Dr Phil show to get things moving? That's shameful.

Remember years ago when there was the Jerry Springer Show? Now it seems like everything is the Jerry Springer Show.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Then shame on the authorities for not moving faster. The brother reported her as missing. And it takes the Dr Phil show to get things moving? That's shameful.

Remember years ago when there was the Jerry Springer Show? Now it seems like everything is the Jerry Springer Show.

So true, but at least it is moving.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad something is finally being done towards finding her. But that we've come to this point? That's sad!

I never took it that way. It is the same with murders- which one garners the most publicity, garners the most resources.
Look at the Travon-Martin case. Happens all the time. Press tried to turn it into a race issue. And boom it was picked up by every new outlet in the US and beyond.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
just looked at the vids. the parents reaction to the situation is very suspicious. :(

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I never took it that way. It is the same with murders- which one garners the most publicity, garners the most resources.

There's something really wrong with that. Murder should not be a popularity contest, everybody deserves justice.

Look at the Travon-Martin case. Happens all the time. Press tried to turn it into a race issue. And boom it was picked up by every new outlet in the US and beyond.
The press is more exploitative than news reporting now a days too. I'm telling you, some days it seems like the whole world is heading down the toilet.

just looked at the vids. the parents reaction to the situation is very suspicious. :(

You know something, I can't even bring myself to watch the videos. Even if they had nothing to do with it (which realistically I highly doubt it) just by using their daughter's disappearance as a chance for their 15 minutes of fame is just too repulsive to me.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
There's something really wrong with that. Murder should not be a popularity contest, everybody deserves justice.

The press is more exploitative than news reporting now a days too. I'm telling you, some days it seems like the whole world is heading down the toilet.

You know something, I can't even bring myself to watch the videos. Even if they had nothing to do with it (which realistically I highly doubt it) just by using their daughter's disappearance as a chance for their 15 minutes of fame is just too repulsive to me.
We have seen time and again where Police Chiefs have stated that a case is receiving top priority. Normally these are cases where the public have placed pressure on different officials.
That diverts resources.

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We have seen time and again where Police Chefs have stated that a case is receiving top priority. Normally these are cases where the public have placed pressure on different officials.
That diverts resources.

I get that it happens, that it's the reality of things. But damn, why do we not demand better? It's not justice if it's preferential, irrespective of who it is who gets the preferential treatment.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It is almost as if a sickness has befallen segments of the population, SLM - that sickness being a complete lack of empathy for fellow human beings. This along with an insatiable desire to be famous, while failing to realize that infamy will be their just reward.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
it's a bizarre case, she's missing, the parents say they dropped her at granny's and that it could all be solved if she would just pick up the phone...your daughter is missing and all you do is phone?

this poor kid

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

fukkin doomed

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
it's a bizarre case, she's missing, the parents say they dropped her at granny's and that it could all be solved if she would just pick up the phone...your daughter is missing and all you do is phone?

this poor kid

And these are adoptive parents. Adoptive. Which means they passed someone's criteria for responsible people to place a child with.

fukkin doomed

If we're going out, lets go out with a bang.

We can start with Dr. Phil, lol.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And these are adoptive parents. Adoptive. Which means they passed someone's criteria for responsible people to place a child with.

If we're going out, lets go out with a bang.

We can start with Dr. Phil, lol.
another off the chart happening...sounds like they offed her, either accidentally or who knows and now they need to cover it. I know honey, let's go on doctor Phil and take a polygraph those things don't work anyway...then we will be in the clear...wtf?.... are people getting weirder or do we just hear about it more often...

it's hideous

and speaking of hideous, I can't believe his show is still on air

faking give it up like Oprah gawd somethings should just end

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
another off the chart happening...sounds like they offed her, either accidentally or who knows and now they need to cover it. I know honey, let's go on doctor Phil and take a polygraph those things don't work anyway...then we will be in the clear...wtf?.... are people getting weirder or do we just hear about it more often...

it's hideous

Yep, that's my guess as well. And despite the media attention, I'm not holding out much hope on this one. For some reason I'm seeing a Casey Anthony ending here.

and speaking of hideous, I can't believe his show is still on air

faking give it up like Oprah gawd somethings should just end
I can't believe any of them are still on the air. Thank God for the internet and HBO, that's all I'm saying.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yep, that's my guess as well. And despite the media attention, I'm not holding out much hope on this one. For some reason I'm seeing a Casey Anthony ending here.

I can't believe any of them are still on the air. Thank God for the internet and HBO, that's all I'm saying.
agreed

and yes, thank god for channel 301 and up

also thank god for Slice...I have never seen such mindless drivel in my life..it is a wonderful channel to make one nod off

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
agreed

and yes, thank god for channel 301 and up

also thank god for Slice...I have never seen such mindless drivel in my life..it is a wonderful channel to make one nod off
I wish analog tvs had digital to analog tuners. :(