The Butler triggers 'Summertime Paranoia'

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life' | Fox News

Oh well. Looks like Facebook GETS SWAMPED BY BASEMENT DWELLERS.. Guys not even a veteran
Growing up in a military family I heard my father and uncles talk about what Jane did, so from an early age I knew about her history with the war and how upset veterans were about it. Yet it amazed me that people just turned their backs and kept supporting her exercise videos and movies. I made a commitment early on not to support her projects,” Reyes told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “Then when I heard she was going to play such a well-liked and highly respected president’s wife, it got to me. They (the filmmakers) knew by picking Jane for the part they were going to stir up some stuff. I’m not a conservative or a liberal, I’m an American. And that was a slap in the face.”
This week, Fonda had a simple message for Reyes and the page's fans.
“Get a life."
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Fonda said of her casting: “If it creates hoopla, it will cause more people to see the movie… I figured it would tweak the right. Who cares?”

Related Images

• Actress Jane Fonda arrives at the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California February 24, 2013.

• Despite what Jane Fonda might have you believe in the 1968 sci-fi flick Barbarella, space sex is sort of a drag.

.voterDiv .ob_bctrl{display:none;}.ob_pdesc IMG{border:none;}.AD_1 .ob_what{direction:ltr;text-align:right;clear:both;padding:5px 10px 0px;}.AD_1 .ob_what a{color:#999;font-size:10px;font-family:arial;text-decoration: none;}.AD_1 .ob_clear{clear:both;}.AD_1 .ob_amelia{background:url('http://widgets.outbrain.com/images/widgetIcons/ob_logo_16x16.png') no-repeat center top;display:inline-block;width:16px;height:16px;vertical-align:text-bottom;margin-bottom:-2px;padding:0px 5px;box-sizing:content-box;-moz-box-sizing:content-box;-webkit-box-sizing:content-box;}.AD_1:hover .ob_amelia{background-position:center bottom;}.AD_1 .ob_dual_container{clear:both;}.AD_1 .ob_dual_left,.AD_1 .ob_dual_right {float:left;width:46%;padding:0 2%;}.AD_1 .ob_empty{display:none;} .OBR .AD_1 .ob_dual_left, .OBR .AD_1 .ob_dual_right {padding: 5px 0 0 0; width: 324px; border-top: 2px solid #CCCCCC;} .OBR .AD_1 .ob_org_header, .OBR .AD_1 .ob_ads_header {color: #000000; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: -0.01em; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; text-transform: uppercase;} .OBR .AD_1 .ob_dual_left {margin-right: 12px; clear: both;} .OBR .AD_1 .ob_dual_right .ob_source {display: none;} .OBR .AD_1 .ob_what { font-size: 10px; padding: 4px 0 14px;} .OBR .AD_1 .ob_what a {color: #999999 !important;} .OBR .AD_1 .odb_li { border: medium none; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.3em; margin: 0; min-height: 1px; padding: 0 0 8px 0px; color: #BB0000; list-style: disc outside none;} .OBR .AD_1 .rec-src-link {color: #999999; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; text-align: left; font-style: italic; display: inline;} .OBR .AD_1 ul {margin-top: 10px; padding-left: 12px;} Also on the Web

Read more: Jane Fonda tells veterans boycotting her movie 'The Butler' to 'get a life' | Fox News