Speeding 141 in an 80 - car impounded and he complains

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Speeding 141 in an 80 - car impounded and he complains.

'Don't put my family on the side of the road': Mounties impound more than 100 vehicles this year for speeding on Highway 3

Andrew Scott is still flabbergasted at what he considers overkill penalties for excessive speeding that left him and his family stranded on the side of a highway without their SUV in the middle of their vacation.

The Delta man, his wife Deanna, and two children, age four and 10, were on their way from Penticton to Chilliwack on Aug. 3 when they were pulled over by cops at a speed trap on Highway 3 east of Hope, near Manning Provincial Park. Scott was caught doing 141 km/h in an 80 km/h zone.

Scott was handed a $360 ticket and police had the family vehicle impounded for a week.

“I was speeding — I absolutely own that,” said Scott. “Fine, ticket me. But don’t put my family on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with no cell reception while on vacation.”

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That would be dangerous driving. What is the cap on speeding in BC before it's classified dangerous driving?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I agree with the guy. I don't see what's wrong with suspending his licence. The wife didn't do anything. The kids didn't do anything. Taking his car and selling for donuts is not on for me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I agree with the guy. I don't see what's wrong with suspending his licence. The wife didn't do anything. The kids didn't do anything. Taking his car and selling for donuts is not on for me.
Who the f*ck would drive 141 with their kid's in the car? If they wound up as a stain on some rock outcropping and he lived, he'd be up for manslaughter.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Roughly 87MPH in a 50MPH zone. Just blow a tire at that speed and it could be a real handful, depending on the car. I think he was lucky to get away with a fine and the impound.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Speeding 141 in an 80 - car impounded and he complains.

'Don't put my family on the side of the road': Mounties impound more than 100 vehicles this year for speeding on Highway 3

Andrew Scott is still flabbergasted at what he considers overkill penalties for excessive speeding that left him and his family stranded on the side of a highway without their SUV in the middle of their vacation.

The Delta man, his wife Deanna, and two children, age four and 10, were on their way from Penticton to Chilliwack on Aug. 3 when they were pulled over by cops at a speed trap on Highway 3 east of Hope, near Manning Provincial Park. Scott was caught doing 141 km/h in an 80 km/h zone.

Scott was handed a $360 ticket and police had the family vehicle impounded for a week.

“I was speeding — I absolutely own that,” said Scott. “Fine, ticket me. But don’t put my family on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with no cell reception while on vacation.”

LOL the guys an idiot and deserved what he got.. HE PUT HIS FAMILY IN THAT SITUATION BY BEING RECKLESS AND PUTTING OTHERS AT RISK.

The wife should go home, pack up her belongings and leave, kids and all.. dump that moron before he kills them in some other fool stunt.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This guy still doesn't get it. He needs to take one of those driving courses that show you body parts and mangled cars and dead bodies and he needs to do community service with victims of careless or drunk drivers.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
The restraint shown by some cops in these situations is nothing short of remarkable!

Had I been the officer in attendance I might have been tempted to enquire of the wifey "are you alright with this moron endangering your kids"?

"you're an adult yourself and though obviously too stupid to realize the danger your idiot husband was exposing your kids to, they are minors you are responsible for making adult choices on their behalf. The fact you didn't rip him a new butt hole while he was thusly barreling along speaks volumes about your motherhood instincts!"

Just the two of you in the vehicle; go ahead and turn a rock wall into interpretive art but with kids aboard, at least one of you has to function like a responsible adult.

After being marooned without his "speedwagon" for a few days and his family vacation ruined due to his own stupidity MAYBE we've seen the last of his nonsense but I suspect not when all he's doing is whining about the unfariness to HIM.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
"you're an adult yourself and though obviously too stupid to realize the danger your idiot husband was exposing your kids to, they are minors you are responsible for making adult choices on their behalf. The fact you didn't rip him a new butt hole while he was thusly barreling along speaks volumes about your motherhood instincts!"

Yes, the mother is an idiot, if she was not under duress.

As we do not have the full facts, what if the mother is abused.. I certainly wouldn't put it past the driver in this case..

What is the mother going to do at 141km anyhow, grab the wheel? Maybe they were arguing, we don't know the facts, just what's reported in the news.