Three teens accused of murder of baseball player Chris Lane identified

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

The young men allegedly accused of killing Melbourne-born baseball star Christopher Lane - James Edwards, 15, Chancey Luna, 16, and Michael Jones, 17. Picture: Channel 7 News Source: HeraldSun

The Oklahoma teens who face first-degree murder charges have been named as Chancey Luna, James Edwards and Michael Jones.
But their parents yesterday protested their innocence.

Jennifer Luna, whose son is suspected of firing the fatal shot, claimed her son was at home saying: "My son is not that way. My son is a good kid."

Earlier today, former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer has urged Australian tourists to boycott the US in the wake of the shooting murder of the Melbourne baseball star.

Mr Fischer said he was deeply angered by the latest tragedy and said turning our backs on America would help send a stern message about the need for tighter gun control.

Christopher Lane, 22, was randomly gunned down while jogging through the town of Duncan in Oklahoma on Friday afternoon local time.

more

Herald Sun

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It has to be the gun's fault,......
After all.....they were just babies
Wonder if they had skittles in their pockets.......

It's neat how you try to draw parallels based solely on the fact that they're black. YOu know what that's called?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Who said anyone deserved to be killed?

Well, you're having a good chuckle comparing these three with the Trayvon Martin case, whose killing was found justified (ie, deserved, brought upon himself), by a jury.

You do get how it looks, you're not a moron.

"see, black youth are dangerous."

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Well, you're having a good chuckle comparing these three with the Trayvon Martin case, whose killing was found justified (ie, deserved, brought upon himself), by a jury.

You don't see anything....so I'll have to spell it out..
"Trayvon was pictured by the press as a harmless kid going to get skittles murdered by a shoot from the hip white vigilante and nobody was allowed to argue that..... or be called a racist
The Irony is that 15 to 17 is not that young when they have a weapon or when there is more than one.
Now the fact that you see my comment as racist because there is a person of colour involved.......Reverend Jackson would luv ya;-)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

You've finally come to your senses

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with the laws have to change. Juvenile crime should be for minor things
small property crimes and so on. For serious crimes like murder, rape, riot violence,
and so on all should be tried as Adults period. Do the crime do the time and no
special conditions anymore.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Technically the jury found the accused not guilty of murder rather than Travis Martin deserving to be killed.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Prosecutors charge two teens in U.S. 'boredom' killing - The Globe and Mail

Prosecutors have charged two teenage boys with first-degree murder in the random killing of an Australian baseball player as he jogged on a tree-lined Oklahoma road. A third teenager was charged with being an accessory.

Officers say 22-year-old Christopher Lane was shot dead in what Police Chief Dan Ford described as a thrill killing. Ford said a 17-year-old defendant told officers that the three teenagers were bored and shot Lane for “the fun of it.”

Boys ages 15 and 16 were charged with first-degree murder and ordered held without bond. Bond was set at $1-million for the 17-year-old, who was also accused of using a vehicle while a weapon was discharged.

The 17-year-old said in open court “I pulled the trigger” but the judge directed him to remain quiet.

Police say the bored teens killed Lane for “the fun of it.”

A 17-year-old in the group has given a detailed confession to police.

“They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: ‘There’s our target,“’ Ford said. “The boy who has talked to us said, ‘We were bored and didn’t have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.'"

He said they followed Lane, a student from Melbourne attending college on a baseball scholarship, in a car and shot him in the back before driving off.

Autopsy results on Lane were pending.

Ford told the television station KOCO in Oklahoma City that one of the teens said they shot Lane for “the fun of it.”

Police said witnesses rushed to help Lane after hearing a shot Friday and seeing him stagger and collapse.

“He was face down on the ground, and he was shot in the back with a .22 revolver,” Richard Rhodes told Australian broadcasters. “I had another lady stop, and we tried CPR on him. And he passed away right here.”

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'll never understand 'thrill killing'. When I was growing up, we had a couple teens, 15 and 17, who broke into the home of an elderly couple, just to kill them. It devastated so many people, even the boys' families. I can't fathom the mentality behind it.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The po' yutes were just bored. Probably misunderstood and all.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'll never understand 'thrill killing'. When I was growing up, we had a couple teens, 15 and 17, who broke into the home of an elderly couple, just to kill them. It devastated so many people, even the boys' families. I can't fathom the mentality behind it.

Ghettos, low income, no income, welfare, no education and run by Gangs. Death of friends, family and those they know are routine occurrences. What else can a society expect.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ghettos, low income, no income, welfare, no education and run by Gangs. Death of friends, family and those they know are routine occurrences. What else can a society expect.

Aside from the 'run by gangs', and the regular deaths of others, it describes the boys who killed in my home town quite well.

The po' yutes were just bored. Probably misunderstood and all.

Think that all you want, but I suspect they're nothing of the sort. We're going to have to rename you Libutus.