City of Denver evicts family of woman killed in shooting rampage three days ago

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Way to stay classy there denver.

Family reeling: Sandra Roskilly dies in shooting rampage; Denver Housing Authority evicts her family

Just three days after Sandra Roskilly was killed in a gunman's rampage, her family was evicted by the Denver Housing Authority.

Her family says 47-year-old Sandra Roskilly was standing on the front porch of her home at 2275 S. Irving St. just before 11 a.m. Friday when a man with a rifle emerged from his neighboring home and gunned her down. She died on the scene.

The Denver medical examiner said Monday that Roskilly died from a gunshot and ruled the death a homicide.

Roskilly was the only person named on the lease for the home, but lived there with her mother and her autistic son, family members say.

Roskilly's brother, Dennis Campbell, says his mother and nephew are now being given the boot by the city.

"She's been living here 10 years and now they're telling her she's just a visitor and she has no rights whatsoever," Campbell said.
The city came Monday to change the locks.

"I gotta be honest with you," Campbell said. "I just felt like, there was no question in my mind that my mother would at least be able to finish out the lease."

The Denver Housing Authority declined an on-camera interview, but issued this statement, "The mother was living in the home as a live-in aid to the lessee. Under federal policies and regulations, once the head of household is no longer with us, a live-in aid no longer has rights to that unit. We understand the family is under duress, but we will be locking the unit because they have no legal rights. We know this is a very tragic situation and offer our condolences."

more compassion

7NEWS - Family reeling: Sandra Roskilly dies in shooting rampage; Denver Housing Authority evicts her family - Local Story

h/t fark

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We understand the family is under duress, but we will be locking the unit because they have no legal rights. We know this is a very tragic situation and offer our condolences."

Bull ****. Understanding and compassion would equate to at least attempting to work with the family to find a solution that works for everyone, not hiding behind 'these are the rules and there's nothing we can do".