Moby D i c k h e a d

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Eight feared drowned off Indonesian coast Eight feared drowned off Indonesian coast after killer whale harpooned by them drags their boat under the water

Good.

Eight tribesmen from a remote part of Indonesia are feared drowned after a killer whale they harpooned pulled their boat down.

Four of the 12 hunters on board the wooden boat managed to swim to the shore, but their companions went down with the flimsy vessel after the whale at first dragged the vessel along - before diving.

Villagers said it was a mystery why the eight disappeared without trace because they were in an open boat when it was pulled under in the waters off the island of Lembata, in eastern Indonesia.

Eight feared drowned off Indonesian coast after killer whale harpooned by them drags their boat under the water | Mail Online

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Darwin has been busy.

Yes, they were not likely MENZA material....I mean, harpooning a creature who could bite your crappy littlt boat in half, is not the brightest thing to do....Next, they will hunt polar bears with slingshots.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Sorry to hear of the tragic deaths of these people who were trying to feed their families-not for nothing are Orcas the largest member of the Dolphins family-called Killers.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Sorry to hear of the tragic deaths of these people who were trying to feed their families-not for nothing are Orcas the largest member of the Dolphins family-called Killers.

It is sad that the fishermen died, bill.........but the Orca did not kill them with intent. Wonder how you would feel with a harpoon stuck in your side.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yes, they were not likely MENZA material....I mean, harpooning a creature who could bite your crappy littlt boat in half, is not the brightest thing to do....Next, they will hunt polar bears with slingshots.

lol... are you 'MENZA' [sic] material?

Personally, I think it's sad that these whalers died. And it is rare that you will hear me say that in regards to whalers. But, there are tribal skills that I think it is important live on in some way shape or form. The ability to feed ourselves should not rely on mechanized boats and guns. The human race will always have a need to maintain our primal roots. The fact that these tribesmen are still whaling is not where I would focus my derision with whaling in general.