TIME Reporter Calls For Drone Strike on Assange...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A TIME magazine reporter set off a Twitter spat on Saturday when he controversially suggested that WikkiLeaks founder Julian Assange be killed in a drone strike.

Michael Grunwald was pressured into deleting the offending tweet after it was greeeted with hostility online - particularly by Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian - who broke the story of NSA whistle-blower Edward Norton.

Indeed, TIME magazine distanced themselves from the tweet saying, 'Michael Grunwald posted an offensive tweet from his personal Twitter account that is no way representative of TME's views'.

Grunwald has written extensively about his support for the United States strategy of killing terrorists using unmanned military drones.

attaboy eh

Time Magazine reporter who called for a drone strike on Julian Assange faces Twitter backlash | Mail Online

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'd agree with drone strikes on him were it not for the fact that he's in London.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'd agree with drone strikes on him were it not for the fact that he's in London.

Ah... we can immagine many Afghans thinking the same about drone strikes against the taliban... as long as it's not in their home town where anyone who looks remotely like a Talib risks betting blown up with no recourse from the family.

Or a Pakistani supporting drone strikes against the Taliban again on condition you know whom you're targetting, not targetting civilians, and refusing to tolerate 'collateral damage' (aka not citizens of our country).

Eureka.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I lost track of all the ..walds in this story. Maybe he's Snowald now.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not to worry; England is not an independent state.

I hardly think that matters. London is a city of 15 million people. Putting all their lives at risk just to bomb that little squirt Assange is just daft.

Get him out of the Ecuadorian Embassy, take him to Salisbury Plain, and then drone-strike him.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I hardly think that matters. London is a city of 15 million people. Putting all their lives at risk just to bomb that little squirt Assange is just daft.

Get him out of the Ecuadorian Embassy, take him to Salisbury Plain, and then drone-strike him.

"When you're wounded and left on Salisbury's Plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!"

-Apologies to Kipling

For some reason. there seemed to be a connexion.