Chinese zoo accused of passing dog off as lion

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Chinese zoo accused of passing dog off as lion

A zoo in eastern China housed a Tibetan mastiff in their African lion cage, angering visitors who said the zoo was scamming them.

After reportedly paying 15 yuan ($2.50) for an entry ticket, one mother said she had brought her son to the zoo so he could learn to identify animal sounds. She was not pleased to hear the ‘lion’ bark rather than roar.

"The zoo is absolutely cheating us," she told the Beijing Youth Daily newspaper. "They are trying to disguise the dogs as lions."

The People's Park of Luohe animal department chief tried to explain to the local reporter that the zoo did have a lion, but it had been sent to a breeding facility.

The cage had remained empty until the zoo authorities decided to use it to temporarily house an employee’s pet dog, he said.

But he had even more explaining to do when the reporter asked why the zoo had rodents in their snake enclosure, a fox in their leopard cage and another dog in the wolf pen.

All temporary, said the chief. The real animals will be back shortly.

source: Chinese zoo accused of passing dog off as lion - World - CBC News

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Really, oops.. I did a search.. my bad.

So what, this story has a more mileage in it, I'm sure of it.

Oh it didn't pic up the title "Don't Know If It's True, But It's Funny"

Canadian Content Forums -

Searched "Chinese Zoo"

I guess I picked the wrong two words??????
Are you dissing my choice of thread titles? (That's my slightly perturbed but not really meaning it smiley face btw. Or as close as I could find to it.)

The instructions do say to "think of something creative".

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Let me get this clear now.... was that the Chinese zoo's restaurant that was trying to pass off dog as cat?

why that's an OUTRAGE!