What the???????

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Mom awaiting trial for nightmares about killing kids: Defence

MONTREAL - A mother of seven from north of Montreal is awaiting trial after being arrested in April for dreaming of killing her children, her lawyer alleges.
The 38-year-old mother, whose name can't be published to protect the identity of her children, allegedly told Quebec's child protective services that she had recurring nightmares of entering her daughters' room and stabbing them to death with a knife.
Two weeks after she told her story to Quebec's child welfare agency, police arrested her and charged her with assault with a weapon, possessing a weapon, and for failing to provide the necessities of life.
"I never wanted to hurt my children," the mother told QMI Agency. "There was never even a knife, it was a dream."
Valerie De Guise, the mother's lawyer, told QMI Agency the criminal accusations will likely not stick because they are based on her client's statements to the child agency.
The mother of seven was jailed for 90 days and hasn't seen her children since her arrest.
The Crown declined to comment.

Mom awaiting trial for nightmares about killing kids: Defence | Canada | News | Calgary Sun

Someone needs to read this and tell me if I'm reading it right, because it's early in the a.m., I've just gotten up, and I may not be totally awake yet. Police in Quebec have charged a woman with the crime of dreaming about murder? But no murder actually occurred? Not even an attempted murder, or assault, nor does an actual physical weapon exist??? WTF?

This is a disturbing dream, granted, and should raise some alarm bells in a 'we'd better get this lady into some therapy right away' kind of way, but it is just a dream. I mean, Dr whats his face in Montreal, who actually did stab his children multiple times, doesn't even see the inside of a courtroom because of "insanity", but this woman is being brought up on criminal charges???? Did the entire criminal justice system in Quebec take the brown acid?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
If not brown acid, definitely smoking some bad shlt.

But: she reported it. Maybe she should be hospitalized and assessed ---for whatever good that seems to do. Perhaps she's trying to tell someone something. Under a lot of stress ???

Charging her with anything is a bit of a stretch. Sounds like she could use some help.

I wonder if under Que. law, this is the only way she could be institutionalized. Hoooonose!!

anyone ??

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If not brown acid, definitely smoking some bad shlt.

But: she reported it. Maybe she should be hospitalized and assessed ---for whatever good that seems to do. Perhaps she's trying to tell someone something. Under a lot of stress ???

Charging her with anything is a bit of a stretch. Sounds like she could use some help.

I wonder if under Que. law, this is the only way she could be institutionalized. Hoooonose!!

anyone ??

I think reporting it was appropriate behaviour on her part, it shows that the notion is disturbing to her (she called them nightmares after all) and I think she definitely needs some help. Probably wants help too. But criminal charges?