State Threatens To Seize Infant Who was Fed Goat’s Milk Instead of Approved GMO Soy F

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A young mother in Maine is being threatened by the Department of Health and Human Services to have her infant child taken away and put into foster care. Her crime? Feeding him goat’s milk instead of commercial infant formula.

Alorah Gellerson was not able to breast feed her child, so she developed a formula of goat’s milk that included celery juice, and reports that the child loved it, and “grew like a weed.”

The young mother made a huge mistake, however. She told her pediatrician about the formula. The doctor turned her in to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which resulted in home visits, an overnight stay in the hospital, a directive to buy “approved” commercial infant formula (most of which contain GMOs and soy) and threats to remove the baby and place him into foster care.

The local mainstream media apparently is confused by this action, and has covered the story. WABI even interviewed another family doctor in the area who said: “I’ve got plenty of kids in my practice that have been given goat’s milk, for example, and they’re growing and developing fine.”

Indeed, goat’s milk is generally considered healthier, more easily digested, and less allergenic than cow’s milk. It has been fed to infants in traditional cultures for probably many thousands of years. So why the uproar and threats? The local media tried to interview the DHHS, but they refused, and instead referred them to government websites that stated goat’s milk was not suitable for infants.

State Threatens To Seize Infant Who was Fed Goat’s Milk Instead of Approved GMO Soy Formula - Underground Health

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The only reason goats milk is not suitable for infants, or any one else for that matter is because certain politicians and bureaucraps are not getting a kickback from it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I always found feeding babies Jack Daniels works fine.

Keeps 'em quiet, anyhow. They just go right to sleep.

An infant with a hangover cant be too fun to deal with.

If she were poisoning the kid or feeding it something that was bad I could see making this move. It seems to be healthy and having no negative effects - so whats the big deal? And isnt there a doctor patient confidentiality thing? I can also see breaking that if something dangerous is happening, but it isnt.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
and instead referred them to government websites that stated goat’s milk was not suitable for infants.

This is probably one of the commercially approved sites that also lists ketchup and pizza as vegetables.

She really ought to be careful though. 'They've' been known to descend on organic grocery store with SWAT teams for selling raw milk. I don't even want to know what unapproved baby food will cause. A tasering?

Living the stereotype hey? lol.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This is probably one of the commercially approved sites that also lists ketchup and pizza as vegetables.

She really ought to be careful though. 'They've' been known to descend on organic grocery store with SWAT teams for selling raw milk. I don't even want to know what unapproved baby food will cause. A tasering?

Living the stereotype hey? lol.
and nine bullets perhaps

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Actually, for real, over 40 years ago a doctor actually recommended a small amount (don't remember exactly how much) of medicinal brandy in her evening bottle, for colics which were extremely bad.....
What would children services have done to us in this day and age of big government........
Edit to add: For our daughter

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Actually, for real, over 40 years ago a doctor actually recommended a small amount (don't remember exactly how much) of medicinal brandy in her evening bottle, for colics which were extremely bad.....
What would children services have done to us in this day and age of big government........
when I had a cold, if I kept coughing in the middle of the night my mum would bring in a tablespoon of rye...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
My mum gave me Vicks. I would've preferred rye.
I hated it...I can still picture her walking toward me with the tablespoon in her hand and the other hand cupped under the spoon, she would always have to coax me...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
When she walked towards you, was it in a straight line?
lol, it was always into the middle of the night, I had likely kept them awake coughing, I always slept well after though, the great part was I knew when she did that, I got to stay home from school the next day and watch Rin Tin Tin in the morning and she would bring me soft boiled eggs with toast fingers. :)