Victim Ordered to Pay Child Support to Aggressor

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A 15-year-old boy who was raped by a 34-year-old woman now faces child support in Nebraska.
This is the case for now 19-year-old Jeremy Steen, of Lincoln, Nebraska. In 2008, Steen was seduced and raped repeatedly by his 34-year-old baby sitter Linda Kazinsky. Sources testified that the sexual abuse took place weekly for nearly 3 years. After police were alerted, Ms. Kazinsky was arrested and charged with statutory rape and false imprisonment.
Kazinsky was employed as a babysitter for the Steens for nearly 3 years.
After Kazinsky’s release from Nebraska’s state prison system in 2012 she was able to regain custody of her child. The child had been a ward of the state for the first 13 months until Debra Kazinsky, Linda’s sister, was able to gain custody. After being reunited with her child, Kazinsky promptly filed for Aid and Government assistance which in turn landed Jeremy with a subpena for child support.
Jeremy had his day in court and was ordered to pay $475 a month in child support to Linda Kazinsky as well as a whopping $23,000 in back Child Support payments.
As incredible as this case sounds it’s not the first nor the last of its kind. Unfortunately, men are victimized as much as women over child support these days. It’s an unpopular topic but one that should be addressed.

Victim Ordered to Pay Child Support to Aggressor | Live Wire Review

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Too bad this didn't fall under the law about criminals not being able to profit from their crimes.

"It’s an unpopular topic but one that should be addressed."

Very true.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Where there has been a prior conviction of rape, he should not be forced to pay support.

However, I can see why the law isn't willing to hear rape as an out for support.... because it would open the door for false rape accusations.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
A 15-year-old boy who was raped by a 34-year-old woman now faces child support in Nebraska.
This is the case for now 19-year-old Jeremy Steen, of Lincoln, Nebraska. In 2008, Steen was seduced and raped repeatedly by his 34-year-old baby sitter Linda Kazinsky. Sources testified that the sexual abuse took place weekly for nearly 3 years. After police were alerted, Ms. Kazinsky was arrested and charged with statutory rape and false imprisonment.
Kazinsky was employed as a babysitter for the Steens for nearly 3 years.
After Kazinsky’s release from Nebraska’s state prison system in 2012 she was able to regain custody of her child. The child had been a ward of the state for the first 13 months until Debra Kazinsky, Linda’s sister, was able to gain custody. After being reunited with her child, Kazinsky promptly filed for Aid and Government assistance which in turn landed Jeremy with a subpena for child support.
Jeremy had his day in court and was ordered to pay $475 a month in child support to Linda Kazinsky as well as a whopping $23,000 in back Child Support payments.
As incredible as this case sounds it’s not the first nor the last of its kind. Unfortunately, men are victimized as much as women over child support these days. It’s an unpopular topic but one that should be addressed.

Victim Ordered to Pay Child Support to Aggressor | Live Wire Review

You've been e-had, sal...

THIS IS NOT OKAY
Alright, did some research on this. I’d like to preface that I am completely aware that these things do happen, but this case does not appear to have occurred.
livewirereview.com is not a viable source. It has provided no sources of its own, but I’d be happy to alter my post if such sources appear. The earliest I’ve been able to locate this story is on livewirereview.com on May 29th, 2013.
A search for “Lincoln, Nebraska” AND “Kazinsky” in Google provides nothing. Linda Kazinsky and Jeremy Steen do not appear to have a presence on the internet other than some people who appear to share Steen’s name.
I did, however, find something else of interest in the Chicago Tribune from December 22nd, 1996 that is very similar. From what I’ve seen, this is livewirereview.com taking a legitimate article from years ago and changing it up to bring in more views. (Source: <a href="http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-12-22/features/9612220045_1_pay-child-support-child-support-behalf">Statutory Rape Victim Ordered To Pay Child Support - Chicago Tribune)
Again, if anyone can provide a source to prove otherwise, I’d be happy to look at it and alter my opinion on this article should I deem it necessary.
Post Busters

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You've been e-had, sal...

THIS IS NOT OKAY
Alright, did some research on this. I’d like to preface that I am completely aware that these things do happen, but this case does not appear to have occurred.
livewirereview.com is not a viable source. It has provided no sources of its own, but I’d be happy to alter my post if such sources appear. The earliest I’ve been able to locate this story is on livewirereview.com on May 29th, 2013.
A search for “Lincoln, Nebraska” AND “Kazinsky” in Google provides nothing. Linda Kazinsky and Jeremy Steen do not appear to have a presence on the internet other than some people who appear to share Steen’s name.
I did, however, find something else of interest in the Chicago Tribune from December 22nd, 1996 that is very similar. From what I’ve seen, this is livewirereview.com taking a legitimate article from years ago and changing it up to bring in more views. (Source: <a href="http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-12-22/features/9612220045_1_pay-child-support-child-support-behalf">Statutory Rape Victim Ordered To Pay Child Support - Chicago Tribune)
Again, if anyone can provide a source to prove otherwise, I’d be happy to look at it and alter my opinion on this article should I deem it necessary.
Post Busters

hey I did get had...thanks hunboldt

it sounded outrageous for a reason I guess...

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
She shouldnt be allowed near any children after what she did.

However, I can see why the law isn't willing to hear rape as an out for support.... because it would open the door for false rape accusations.

That already happens regardless. If it inconveniences the courts or others to investigate all of the claims too bad.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
If I were Nebraska, I'd fire that court and give it a big restitution bill.
Here is the bizarre thing about this story...apparently this story is not true, but, the on line person that checked it out said that it does happen or has happened... I can't find anything but did not do an extensive search.

It's all weird to me.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Here is the bizarre thing about this story...apparently this story is not true, but, the on line person that checked it out said that it does happen or has happened... I can't find anything but did not do an extensive search.

It's all weird to me.

Some people can justify making something up if they really believe the ends justifies the means. It's still dishonest though.

Here's a similar story that I found, from the Columbus Dispatch, that seems more legit.

Boy's parents sue to get his baby from mom, 21 | The Columbus Dispatch

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Some people can justify making something up if they really believe the ends justifies the means. It's still dishonest though.

Here's a similar story that I found, from the Columbus Dispatch, that seems more legit.

Boy's parents sue to get his baby from mom, 21 | The Columbus Dispatch

Her household includes her stepfather, David L. Jacobs, who was convicted of domestic violence last year for hitting, choking and pointing a gun at Crane's 17-year-old sister and was placed on two years' probation, court records show.

it's a fuking gong show out there...people should have to apply for a license before they procreate... these poor kids

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Her household includes her stepfather, David L. Jacobs, who was convicted of domestic violence last year for hitting, choking and pointing a gun at Crane's 17-year-old sister and was placed on two years' probation, court records show.

it's a fuking gong show out there...people should have to apply for a license before they procreate... these poor kids

Would that it took brains to reproduce, the world would be a better place.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He was forcibly raped for three years? My he must have been in hell all that time. Just because she did something wrong doesn't mean he can't do something right. Regardless of how the child is conceived it is a child and it's his child. Why does someone need to be forced to help their child survive? The support is for the kid, not her.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
He was forcibly raped for three years? My he must have been in hell all that time. Just because she did something wrong doesn't mean he can't do something right. Regardless of how the child is conceived it is a child and it's his child. Why does someone need to be forced to help their child survive? The support is for the kid, not her.
that's a good point, I like that angle

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The law seems to delving in criminal activity to even consider handing
down such a verdict utter nonsense and should go to the supreme court