Neighbors Want Family's Handicap Ramp Removed

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Neighbors of the year:

A handicap ramp in front of a Fountain family's house is in the middle of a neighborhood squabble.
Vincent and Heidi Giesegh say their neighbors are threatening legal action if they don't remove the ramp. They say the next door couple is worried that the ramp will hurt the value of their home. The Giesegh's say they need it for their 16 year old daughter Kirsten who has Cerebral Palsy.

"As she goes into her spastic modes, we could just tumble down the stairs and both of us could get massively hurt," said Heidi Giesegh.

The Giesegh's neighborhood doesn't have an HOA, and the family says the City of Fountain told them it was ok to install the ramp and widen their driveway for a handicap van. 11 News went next door to get the neighbor's side of the story and they told us no comment.

"It's kind of irritating," said Vincent Giesegh. "I mean we're trying to do our best to assist our daughter with her daily needs to get in and out of the house."

The Giesegh's home is part of a community under construction. We reached out to the home's builder and they say they've also received complaints from the neighbors.

The Giesegh's say they've contacted the Rocky Mountain American Disability Center for help.

Neighbors Want Family's Handicap Ramp Removed

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, here's hoping that the Rocky Mountain American Disability Center will round up many people to protest in front of the neighbours houses, get the press really involved, taking pictures. Wonder what that will do to their property values?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If this happened to me I would start by;

1. Inviting all my motorbike friends around for weekly drinking sessions.

2. Buy a couple of old cars from the wreckers and put them in the front yard on concrete blocks.

3. Paint my house purple.

4. Walk around my backyard naked (well, I already do).

5. Drill a hole in my muffler and get a night job.

6. Spray glow in the dark pentagrams on my lawn.

7. Put in a huge mailbox shaped like a hand with middle finger extended on the lawn.

8. Put stereo speakers outside and play Celine Dion music and leave the house for the weekend.

9. Ask them what their house value is now.......

http://dailyffa.com/forums/index.php?action=ignoreuser;u=443;rt=26554;rm=197344

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If this happened to me I would start by;

1. Inviting all my motorbike friends around for weekly drinking sessions.

2. Buy a couple of old cars from the wreckers and put them in the front yard on concrete blocks.

3. Paint my house purple.

4. Walk around my backyard naked (well, I already do).

5. Drill a hole in my muffler and get a night job.

6. Spray glow in the dark pentagrams on my lawn.

7. Put in a huge mailbox shaped like a hand with middle finger extended on the lawn.

8. Put stereo speakers outside and play Celine Dion music and leave the house for the weekend.

9. Ask them what their house value is now.......

http://dailyffa.com/forums/index.php?action=ignoreuser;u=443;rt=26554;rm=197344
Forcing them to listen to Celine Dion might be over the top.