Looks like Pamela Wallin has ripped off $300,000

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Too pretty. Too rich too well connected...

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It bugs me that the idea of government coffers being bottomless seems to prevail among elected officials, government employees and government contractors alike. As soon as you say "government" people start thinking "easy money".

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just sayin'

times they are a changing

she might be ordered to repay it...we should do that with all thieves and let them stay near the coffers

As you know, I’ve been in the public eye for a long time. This means I get a huge number of invitations to take part in events across Canada.

those days are gone my friend you thought they'd never end... toodle eeeeeeeeeeeeew biactch

I'm not bitter...lol

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Just sayin'

she might be ordered to repay it...we should do that with all thieves and let them stay near the coffers

those days are gone my friend you thought they'd never end... toodle eeeeeeeeeeeeew biactch

I'm not bitter...lol

Are we angry ???;-)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Are we angry ???;-)
not yet, I jus' preparin' soall cause I'm gonna be super-sized pizzed when nothing happens and her fat azz rides off into the sunset waving adios suckers at us

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is a woman showing poor judgement, but then who put her in the red chamber?
The Prime Minister showed poor judgement in the appointments he made in the first
place.
Duffy, Wallin and the list goes on. that is the Senate. Then there is the 15 dollar
orange juice lady he made a cabinet minister and she ain't the only one as the saying
goes. Now remember there is a difference here between Harper and the Liberals.
The Liberals did this over and never said it was not a good thing. Mr Harper made it
clear this was the end these things would not happen anymore and things are more
pronounced and to some degree worse.
Don't tell me things will be different by example show me they are different and that it is
not happening. The woman should be in Jail just like Duffy

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
we have been ripped off by people in high places as long as I can remember, just reminds me of how we

have to pay more for goods because of shoplifters, well, how is this any different, as i'm sure taxes

are too high, to replace all of the public monies stolen by those who we should be trusting, but

definitely cannot.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
we have been ripped off by people in high places as long as I can remember, just reminds me of how we

have to pay more for goods because of shoplifters, well, how is this any different, as i'm sure taxes

are too high, to replace all of the public monies stolen by those who we should be trusting, but

definitely cannot.

You got that right, Talloola. Actually as far as problems in our entire system go, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Stealing is one thing, but stealing when you are not in need is something altogether different. If you are an alcoholic down on your luck and broke and steal $1 for a beer, you go to jail. If you are a millionaire and steal $1/4 million you might hear the off tsk, tsk. The system is rotten right from stem to gudgeon.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Here's a question for real:

Do you think they have any idea just how angry we have become over this... I am left, my guy is right and we are both livid... do they get that?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
where the hell does it say, besides in the title of the OP, that Wallin has "ripped off" $300,00?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Some people don't read too well.................."Wallin’s travel bill totalled about $344,000 by the end of 2012, with the majority — about $314,000 — in “other travel,” which the Senate travel policy defines as any travel that doesn’t take a senator directly between their home province and the capital"

Anyway I was careful to cover my A$$ with "Looks like".

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
so more sensationalist bullshyte from jlm.

he's actually as bad as the politicians he is constantly whining about.

The actual number is yet unknown. The auditor's figures will be released tomorrow. I'm sure the numbers will be less than $300,000.00 but likely more than Wallin is hoping.

Wallin has already repaid something like $38,000.00. I don't think she should get off just because she paid the money back. Okay, let her have that first 38 grand repayment. If the auditors find yet another hundred grand or so, it should mean more than a slap on the wrist.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Some people don't read too well.................."Wallin’s travel bill totalled about $344,000 by the end of 2012, with the majority — about $314,000 — in “other travel,” which the Senate travel policy defines as any travel that doesn’t take a senator directly between their home province and the capital"

Anyway I was careful to cover my A$$ with "Looks like".

You didn't cover anything. The more you post, and the more you back pedal, the more you look like the very politicians you claim to abhor.

The actual number is yet unknown. The auditor's figures will be released tomorrow. I'm sure the numbers will be less than $300,000.00 but likely more than Wallin is hoping.

Wallin has already repaid something like $38,000.00. I don't think she should get off just because she paid the money back. Okay, let her have that first 38 grand repayment. If the auditors find yet another hundred grand or so, it should mean more than a slap on the wrist.

actually, it stated that the cbc has learned that Wallin could be ordered to repay $100,000 plus.

Pamela Wallin's Senate expense repayments could top $100K - Politics - CBC News

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Just sayin'

I'm not bitter...lol
lol Not only should these sewer scum repay but for those who actually screw up while they're in office. they should cover the costs of the mess they cause. It'd be nice to get the $2 billion back for the freakin mess called the "Long Gun Registry" from the sewer scum who implemented it, for instance; with interest. Accountability? From bureaucrats and politicians? HAH!

not yet, I jus' preparin' soall cause I'm gonna be super-sized pizzed when nothing happens and her fat azz rides off into the sunset waving adios suckers at us
Ditto.

This is a woman showing poor judgement, but then who put her in the red chamber?
The Prime Minister showed poor judgement in the appointments he made in the first
place.
Duffy, Wallin and the list goes on. that is the Senate. Then there is the 15 dollar
orange juice lady he made a cabinet minister and she ain't the only one as the saying
goes. Now remember there is a difference here between Harper and the Liberals.
The Liberals did this over and never said it was not a good thing. Mr Harper made it
clear this was the end these things would not happen anymore and things are more
pronounced and to some degree worse.
Don't tell me things will be different by example show me they are different and that it is
not happening. The woman should be in Jail just like Duffy
........... besides having to repay what they stole.

Here's a question for real:

Do you think they have any idea just how angry we have become over this... I am left, my guy is right and we are both livid... do they get that?
Doesn't mean anything to them. Unless you are a Jimmy Pattison, David Thompson, Galen Weston, Lino Saputo, etc., your opinion means diddly.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Then there is the 15 dollar
goes.

Can't blame just Harper for her. For some reason her constituents chose to re-elect her in 2011 even though she had had several scandals already.