39,000 jobs lost in Canada.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
hell I don't even understand what the article is saying, jobs are lost but jobs are gained, unemployment is up but not really...k then8O

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
hell I don't even understand what the article is saying, jobs are lost but jobs are gained, unemployment is up but not really...k then8O

I think the news is bad for the bureaucrats but for most others it's possibly good news. It could even mean goods are being produced cheaper. We know prices often include a bunch of middle men. Sure no skin off anyone's A$$ to see them go, if in fact that is what's happening.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yay! Lets celebrate, 39 000 less people have a chance at being wealthy and live a normal happy, stable middle class life style in Canada.....

But will not even save a dim, Cause they still will increase prices even though it cost them millions less in overhead.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Having a job very seldom leads to being wealthy.

Your right. Having no job at all is so much better.
What was I thinking.

39 000 more people on welfare is just what Canada needs.
Lets celebrate.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yay! Lets celebrate, 39 000 less people have a chance at being wealthy and live a normal happy, stable middle class life style in Canada.....

Are you saying that it will be impossible for them to ever secure employment?

But will not even save a dim, Cause they still will increase prices even though it cost them millions less in overhead.

Millions?... It'll be a lot more than that.

One of the reasons that gvt is being forced to downsize IS the cost of the defined pensions that are demanded by the sector and their unions.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Your right. Having no job at all is so much better.
What was I thinking.

39 000 more people on welfare is just what Canada needs.
Lets celebrate.

O.K. Having a job (where you are not the boss) seldom leads to being wealthy.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Are you saying that it will be impossible for them to ever secure

I don't expect those people to ever have the same standard of living ever again. I bet half of them will go threw a divorce, lose there house , have great financial trouble in the next few years.

Lets celebrate Canadians living threw hard Financial timesI'm so happy there life sucks now... Yes! I so happy.

Crab mentality much?

O.K. Having a job (where you are not the boss) seldom leads to being wealthy.

If your working for the government you have good standard of living.... Having good standards of living should be a important goal for any country to accomplish, in my mind.
You seem to think having bad standards of living is better... And is cause for celebration. Your twisted aren't you?

Your happy 39 000 people's lives have just been turned upside down? Wow.... You have no soul..

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If your working for the government you have good standard of living.... Having good standards of living should be a important goal for any country to accomplish, in my mind.
You seem to think having bad standards of living is better... And is cause for celebration. Your twisted aren't you?

It doesn't take a lot of money to accomplish a good standard of living, basically enough to have three nutritious meals a day, some decent clothing, a warm dry shelter, heat, light and phone and some medical insurance.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
It doesn't take a lot of money to accomplish a good standard of living, basically enough to have three nutritious meals a day, some decent clothing, a warm dry shelter, heat, light and phone and some medical insurance.

So i was right.... In your mind they will be better off on welfare.... You have completely lost touch with reality. How old are you?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I don't expect those people to ever have the same standard of living ever again. I bet half of them will go threw a divorce, lose there house , have great financial trouble in the next few years.

Really... So, losing this job will lead to divorce and an inability to eke-out any kind of living... Gotcha.

Gvt's role is not to fabricate jobs just for sh*ts and giggles.

Time to man-up here and assume responsibility for yourself, family and future

Lets celebrate Canadians living threw hard Financial timesI'm so happy there life sucks now... Yes! I so happy.

You haven't figured it out I guess.... YOU are paying for the services that gvt provides and those increases incur hardship on many in the form of taxes and the cost of services.

Enough of the whining already.

Crab mentality much?

As opposed to the ostrich mentality that I'm seeing?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So i was right.... In your mind they will be better off on welfare.... You have completely lost touch with reality. How old are you?

I think it's time you faced up to a few truths, Angstrom. First of all you are wrong more often than you are right. Second where did I mention that anyone is better off on welfare? Third, no one in the world owes anyone else a living or for that matter owes you a job that even provides a standard of living. People today have more money than ever before in history and yet are poorer for it. Wealth has very little to do with how much money you earn but rather how little money you spend.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I think it's time you faced up to a few truths, Angstrom.

Like to the fact that our system is unsustainable? That we can't afford healthcare? That there is no more money for infrastructure?
Lets face up to the truth we have been living over our means for the last 50 years?

Lets celebrate we have to go back to being poor?

I don't know... I find these truth very depressing. I think I'll leave the celebrating to you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Like to the fact that our system is unsustainable? That we can't afford healthcare? That there is no more money for infrastructure?
Lets face up to the truth we have been living over our means for the last 50 years?

Lets celebrate we have to go back to being poor?

I don't know... I find these truth very depressing. I think I'll leave the celebrating to you.

I don't............most of us will be better off in the long run. We've been living beyond our means has a lot to do with easy money being provided, but at usurious rates of interest. Some are going to succumb to bankruptcy, but hey worse things happen. It's not so much a matter of going back to being poor, but more like financing "needs" rather than "wants". We might actually go back to doing things that are fun without spending a pile of money.