Amber Alert murder, kidnap suspect believed heading to Canada

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Amber Alert murder, kidnap suspect believed heading to Canada

BOULEVARD -- The man who allegedly kidnapped a San Diego County girl after killing her mother and brother may be headed toward the Canadian border, authorities said.

An Amber Alert for James Lee DiMaggio and his blue Nissan Versa was extended from California to Oregon and Washington late Wednesday afternoon.

"The suspect is now believed to be possibly traveling to Canada," according to the Washington alert.

The Amber Alert issued in Oregon noted that a car matching the suspect's description was seen driving north on U.S. 395 near the town of Alturas headed toward the Oregon border. The sighting was at 1:30 p.m.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said authorities have received "lots and lots of tips from across the country."

"We are following up on each and every one of them that seems to have merit," San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said.

At one point, authorities believed DiMaggio might be headed toward Texas.

The investigation began not far from the Mexican border in the rural community of Boulevard in eastern San Diego County on Sunday evening, when the body of 16-year-old Hannah Anderson's mother, Christine Anderson, was found with the unidentified body of a child in DiMaggio's burning home.

An autopsy on the child's remains was performed Tuesday, but the autopsy results are sealed, officials said. It will be Friday at the earliest before the identity of the child is announced, Giannantonio said.

The body is believed to be 8-year-old Ethan Anderson, his family members have said in interviews with several news outlets.

Because the body was badly burned, it has been difficult to obtain a DNA sample, Giannantonio said.

The case was the subject of California's first cellphone Amber Alert on Monday.

DiMaggio, who works as a telecommunications technician at Scripps Institute in San Diego, has been described by authorities as a close family friend whom the Anderson children called "Uncle Jim."

At a news conference Tuesday, the children's father, Brett Anderson, addressed DiMaggio directly: "Jim, I can't fathom what you were thinking.... Let my daughter go, you've taken everything else."

Two sheriff's vehicles remained parked in front of DiMaggio's home Wednesday evening, blocking the road. Neighbors said that all that remained of the house, hidden by brush and some trees, was ashes. Police tape stretched across the entryways to the house, blocking any access.

Reporters and law enforcement vehicles swarmed the two-road neighborhood in the days after the fire, neighbors said. One resident said it was the most traffic he had seen in the area since he built his house there 40 years ago.

"You sure never expect it," said the neighbor, who declined to give his name. "No one really knows their neighbor."

source: Amber Alert murder, kidnap suspect believed heading to Canada - latimes.com

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Personally, if I were him, guilty or innocent, I'd keep going. He stays in the States, he's likely to get blown away by some knucklehead standing his ground.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Personally, if I were him, guilty or innocent, I'd keep going. He stays in the States, he's likely to get blown away by some knucklehead standing his ground.

...and that's a bad thing with a child rapist.. even you with your liberal morality, self-righteous, do-gooder attitude wouldn't think twice about killing a child rapist.. would you.. or would you want to rehabilitate him even though this sick urge is proven to be incurable..

Not to mention, he already killed the family.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
...and that's a bad thing with a child rapist.. even you with your liberal morality, self-righteous, do-gooder attitude wouldn't think twice about killing a child rapist.. would you.. or would you want to rehabilitate him even though this sick urge is proven to be incurable..

Not to mention, he already killed the family.
You seem kinda het up, Boom. You feel the need to talk about this some? I'm here for ya, little buddy.

James Taylor You've Got a Friend lyrics - YouTube

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The guy is dead, he won't victimize anyone else, or the need to put the child through any pain of having to tell her story of rape in front a jury while trying to convict the guy.
Does that give the child justice or does it merely satisfy a bloodlust?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Does shooting the abductor give the child justice?

Sorry, wrong as usual. The boy is dead. No justice. The teen, maybe a little bit of justice, but the harm is done and she'll be scarred for life, so not much justice.

Does that give the child justice or does it merely satisfy a bloodlust?
In Boomer's case? Silly question. Like he said, "education is nice but shooting straight is better".

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You seem kinda het up, Boom. You feel the need to talk about this some? I'm here for ya, little buddy.

Trolling vs. a logical defense. :roll:

Seriously Tecumsehsbones, knowing this guy just killed off a family and raped a child.. you don't hope he catches a stray bullet?

That said, sure a public trial and humiliation is great, but I would hate the young victim having to go public.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Does shooting the abductor give the child justice?

Trolling vs. a logical defense. :roll:

Seriously Tecumsehsbones, knowing this guy just killed off a family and raped a child.. you don't hope he catches a stray bullet?
Raped? Where'd it say that? Or are you just thinking wishfully that if you toss that word into the works there'll be a feeding frenzy? Man, and you talk about other people trolling.