George W. Bush has stent for blocked heart artery

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

DALLAS - Former U.S. President George W. Bush underwent successful surgery at a Dallas hospital on Tuesday to place a stent in a blocked heart artery, a spokesman said.
Bush, 67, was "in high spirits, eager to return home tomorrow and resume his normal schedule on Thursday," spokesman Freddy Ford said in a statement.
Doctors discovered the blockage on Monday during Bush's annual physical exam at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas, the statement said. Doctors recommended a stent to open the blockage and he underwent surgery on Tuesday morning at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, the statement said.

The rest of the story....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

DALLAS - Former U.S. President George W. Bush underwent successful surgery at a Dallas hospital on Tuesday to place a stent in a blocked heart artery, a spokesman said.
Bush, 67, was "in high spirits, eager to return home tomorrow and resume his normal schedule on Thursday," spokesman Freddy Ford said in a statement.
Doctors discovered the blockage on Monday during Bush's annual physical exam at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas, the statement said. Doctors recommended a stent to open the blockage and he underwent surgery on Tuesday morning at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, the statement said.

The rest of the story....

Old Jarge must still have a little clout, problem was discovered on Monday and he got the operation on Wednesday.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There may be sumpin a little fishy here. I don't think blocked arteries are discovered during routine annual checkups. As far as I know (from my limited experience with medical procedures) they wouldn't even look for something like that unless there were symptoms and then you'd probably have to wait for another appointment with a cardiologist which could take a few weeks.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There may be sumpin a little fishy here. I don't think blocked arteries are discovered during routine annual checkups. As far as I know (from my limited experience with medical procedures) they wouldn't even look for something like that unless there were symptoms and then you'd probably have to wait for another appointment with a cardiologist which could take a few weeks.

Until the death panels start deciding who lives and who dies, rich folks can get whatever medical care they want.

This ain't Canada.

Yet.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
that's exactly what I thought when I first scanned it but then realized they may have an entirely different procedural routine for their presidents...it's not like he is one of the rabble...even we Canadians can go south and have extensive tests done that show and predict damn near everything if we are willing to pay the big bucks...and I doubt the rich wait one second for their appointments with cardiologists...bet it's all done within hours...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
that's exactly what I thought when I first scanned it but then realized they may have an entirely different procedural routine for their presidents...it's not like he is one of the rabble...even we Canadians can go south and have extensive tests done that show and predict damn near everything if we are willing to pay the big bucks...and I doubt the rich wait one second for their appointments with cardiologists...bet it's all done within hours...

Yeah, I suppose we mere mortals aren't apprised of all the skulduggery that goes on among the higher echelons.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, I suppose we mere mortals aren't apprised of all the skulduggery that goes on among the higher echelons.
What skulduggery? He wrote a great big check. Why do you think all the royals of the oil countries come here for their medical care?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

A good GP can pick up the warning signs. Have a friend who sees the same GP I do. He picked up on it. Off that very day for tests, fast tracked. Tests done. Boom into the OR- Bypasses and stents.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Who knew he even had a heart, for sure he better not need any brain surgery cause they won't find it .

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Old Jarge must still have a little clout, problem was discovered on Monday and he got the operation on Wednesday.
That's the Merican health system; no waiting.

That's the Merican health system.

Not just the rich; anyone.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That's the Merican health system; no waiting.

That's the Merican health system.

Not just the rich; anyone.
are you saying if I was poor they would do it for me too....no charge?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Medicaid works wonders.
seriously, because everything I have heard led me to believe if my employer didn't pay for my insurance in the States that I would be screwed...I hear people on FaceBook complaining all the time that they can't afford to go to their doctor and put it off even when experiencing what I would consider to be serious symptoms...they also say many things are only partially covered.

Why would they put their life at risk with symptoms that any Canadian would go to emerg with if they are covered?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
seriously, because everything I have heard led me to believe if my employer didn't pay for my insurance in the States that I would be screwed...I hear people on FaceBook complaining all the time that they can't afford to go to their doctor and put it off even when experiencing what I would consider to be serious symptoms...they also say many things are only partially covered.

Why would they put their life at risk with symptoms that any Canadian would go to emerg with if they are covered?
I have a brother who is a GP in Texas; no one goes untreated, ever.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have a brother who is a GP in Texas; no one goes untreated, ever.
well then someone needs to help these people to understand they have free health care because I think a lot of people don't know this and are therefore suffering needlessly

not to mention the stories I have heard of people whose coverage only went so far and they are now mortgaged to the hilt...how can that be...are most of their citizens too stupid to know this stuff...I don't get it

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
well then someone needs to help these people to understand they have free health care because I think a lot of people don't know this and are therefore suffering needlessly

not to mention the stories I have heard of people whose coverage only went so far and they are now mortgaged to the hilt...how can that be...are most of their citizens too stupid to know this stuff...I don't get it
Very rare occurrence exploited by the left and usually taken care of by charities.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Very rare occurrence exploited by the left and usually taken care of by charities.
well I watched a documentary on a woman with breast cancer. She was a millionaire powerhouse. She got breast cancer and made a documentary of her journey and the women she encountered along the way. She had access to every possible treatment available.

She beat her cancer. She spoke passionately about so many women dying because they did not have access to the same health care and doctors and treatment that she did because she was wealthy.

With her own money she has opened a clinic for women so that more women may have an opportunity to live. She has quit her job and is fund raising.

If all have access to the same treatment why did so many in the documentary die due to wait lists and not getting adequate treatment?

If all is equal why did George Bush say his goal was to ensure that Americans could choose and afford private health care coverage. Why would they need it if all have access to equal treatment?