'We, the mujahedeen, are imperfect Muslims'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
...sayeth the workplace violence guy.

FORT HOOD — A long-awaited trial for the Army psychiatrist accused of being the gunman in a rampage here nearly four years ago began Tuesday morning, with prosecutors saying that Maj. Nidal Hasan methodically gunned down 12 soldiers and a civilian for one purpose — to wage holy war.

Hasan, in a brief opening statement, admitted he was the gunman. He also told the 13-member jury of officers, two of them women, that he was “on the wrong side” of the war — and switched sides.

“Panel members, good morning. On Nov. 5, 2009, 13 U.S. soldiers were killed and many more injured. The evidence will clearly show that I am the shooter,” he said, adding that the dead bodies found that day show war is a terrible thing.

“There's death and destruction and devastation for both sides. That is for both friend and foe, but the evidence presented in this trial will only show one side. The evidence will also will show I was on the wrong side. The evidence will also show that I switched sides.”

He added a moment later: “We, the mujahedeen, are imperfect Muslims trying to establish a perfect religion in the land of the supreme God. I apologize for any mistakes that I made in this endeavor. Thank you. That is it, ma'am.”

th-th-that's all-ah folks

Hasan: 'We, the mujahedeen, are imperfect Muslims' - San Antonio Express-News

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"are imperfect Muslims trying to establish a perfect religion in the land of the supreme God. "

I'm a full blown Christian but I don't recall any of the big Churches ever putting out a statement like this, either after 1500AD or before that date. (and really God's servants don't carry as much ammo as their body will allow.