Gunfire kills 2, wounds 4 at Pennsylvania town hall

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
(CNN) -- Two people were killed and four were wounded in a shooting at a town supervisor's meeting in eastern Pennsylvania, a county official reported Monday.

The shooting broke out shortly after 7:30 p.m. ET at the Ross Township building in Saylorsburg, about 75 miles north of Philadelphia, Monroe County Emergency Management Director Guy Miller told CNN. A suspected gunman was in custody, and the wounded were being taken to various hospitals nearby, he said.

Ross Township's three-member Board of Supervisors meets the first Monday night of the month at the township's municipal building. Monroe County Commissioner Suzanne McCool said it was "the quietest township in Monroe County."

"They are never in the newspaper," McCool said. She said she knew of no controversial issues before the supervisors.

"They are the only township in Monroe County that hasn't had a tax increase in many, many years," she said.

Gunfire kills 2, wounds 4 at Pennsylvania town hall - CNN.com

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's good to see people take an interest in municipal government where active involvement is sorely needed to address the social problems of today. With this demonstration of interest I know the parking meter decision will eventually be made even if it kills them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's good to see people take an interest in municipal government where active involvement is sorely needed to address the social problems of today. With this demonstration of interest I know the parking meter decision will eventually be made even if it kills them.
Sort of a cut-rate Pennsyltucky Guy Fawkes, but his heart was in the right place.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Pennsyltucky , I had to google that, being a rural person I'm a bit offended now.