Killer Snake proves lethal!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
REALLY? A snake had time to strangle two kids to death?

Sounds sketchy to me.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's what they do for a living so you would think they'd be good at it? No?
lol, yeah they ought to be...

guess the parents didn't hear the screaming and struggling that would have gone on and on and on .. or the snake maybe asked them to put their heads together for a better more firm grip

this one bares a closer look me thinks..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
lol, yeah they ought to be...

guess the parents didn't hear the screaming and struggling that would have gone on and on and on .. or the snake maybe asked them to put their heads together for a better more firm grip

this one bares a closer look me thinks..

I don't believe this whole story. Was there insurance on the kids?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah it sounds kinda sketchy. They are conducting autopsies, so we'll know soon enough I suppose.

I don't believe this whole story. Was there insurance on the kids?
and who owns the pet store, mebee the parents and did I miss it or were the ages of the children omitted?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
and who owns the pet store, mebee the parents and did I miss it or were the ages of the children omitted?

Hey, maybe they used to have seven kids......;-)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This situation is already tragic enough without piling on, but....oh well.

Moving with your small children into an apartment above an exotic pet
store called (I think) Reptile Ocean specializing in exotic reptiles like the
one in the story....that prey on mammals like small deer, etc....yikes.

I'm sure the parrents are suffering an acute case of hindsite already.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This situation is already tragic enough without piling on, but....oh well.

Moving with your small children into an apartment above an exotic pet
store called (I think) Reptile Ocean specializing in exotic reptiles like the
one in the story....that prey on mammals like small deer, etc....yikes.

I'm sure the parrents are suffering an acute case of hindsite already.
apparently the kids were on a sleep over...8O

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Five and seven!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe if the kids were asleep I guess it could happen, kids sleep deeply and may not have awakened when it wrapped itself around them... still sounds sketchy to me

They were!

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
In one news version it said that more people are killed by dogs than snakes. Well no **** ! How many killer snakes are there in NB ?!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Python kills two boys in their sleep at New Brunswick sleepover - The Globe and Mail
Two young boys in northern New Brunswick are dead after a python snake is believed to have escaped from an exotic animal store, slithered through ventilation ducts into an upstairs apartment and strangled them while they were sleeping, according to Campbellton, New Brunswick RCMP.

It is believed that the boys, five and seven-years-old, were brothers. The RCMP will not confirm this. An RCMP spokeswoman said, however, that the two did not live in the upstairs apartment but were on a sleepover.

A 1996 report on zoos in the Maritimes for Zoocheck Canada Inc. and World Society for the Protection of Animals written by Dr. John Gripper, a veterinarian, gave a good review of Reptile Ocean. Dr. Gripper reported that the reptiles appeared to be in good health and the water in their tanks was clean. The collection of reptiles had only been opened a few months before his inspection.

He wrote that the owner, Jean-Claude Savoie “is a young, enthusiastic amateur collector who has only recently embarked on this commercial venture.” “In my opinion, it is only likely to be financially viable if he can obtain a national reputation as a successful and knowledgeable breeder of reptiles,” wrote Dr. Gripper.

However, there was an online petition calling for Reptile Ocean to be shut down. The person who started the petition complained about the humidity in the store and the condition of some animals.

Hey, maybe they used to have seven kids......;-)

Bad remark. Really sucks.