Gang chanted ‘Lee Rigby’ as they kicked soldier in Exeter underpass

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Probably nothing.

A SOLDIER was attacked in an Exeter underpass by a gang who chanted “Lee Rigby” as they kicked him on the floor.
The 18-year-old, known as Alexander, has been a member of the Coldstream Guards for six months.

But on route to his home in St Thomas, Exeter, he said he was targeted by the hateful mob as he is a serving member of the armed forces.

After a period of about two minutes he managed to escape after fighting off but fear his injuries could have been a lot worse.
The incident happened at just before 2pm on Wednesday afternoon.

He said: “I was walking home from the train station at Exeter Central and got to the ruins at Exe bridges. As I went into the underpass a group of lads walked past me.

“They stopped and asked if I was in the forces. I replied yes and before I could say why, fists were coming towards my face.

“I was knocked to the floor and then carried on kicking me for what felt like a couple of minutes.

“I crawled up in a ball but couldn’t get up. One was trying to get a screwdriver out of his pocket. I managed to get it off him and fight him off.

“They were all covered up so I couldn’t see any of their faces. They kept shouting Lee Rigby – like they wanted to re-create what happened.”

After managing to escape and run off Alex was left with a split lip, sore ribs and a swollen jaw. He was treated at the NHS Walk in Centre He said: “I have only been in the army six months but this is the first time anything like this has happened. I was very shaken up by it but am starting to get to grips with what happened.”

Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident. A spokesman said: “The victim has described the main offender as mixed race with camouflage clothing, six foot five inches tall, heavy build, wearing a black tracksuit top and had his face covered.

“He was accompanied by seven others. Anyone who witnessed anything in the area at the time or knows who is responsible should contact police on 101 quoting reference number DE/13/7080.”

Gang chanted ‘Lee Rigby’ as they kicked soldier in Exeter underpass | This is Exeter

Exclusive: first pictures of young soldier attacked by a gang chanting 'Lee Rigby' in Exeter | Exeter Express and Echo

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't know. They should ask George Bush. He figured it out before.
you're on a fuking role eh, I'm not readin' ya whilst sipping from said goblet any more tonight