Trayvon Martin's Hoodie Eyed for Smithsonian Exhibit

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The hooded sweatshirt Trayvon Martin wore the night George Zimmerman shot him to death could end up on display at the Smithsonian Institution.

The shirt became a powerful symbol of the case after Zimmerman described Martin as wearing a "hoodie" the night he killed the teen, claiming self-defense. Protestors across the country wore hoodies in support of Martin as they called for Zimmerman's arrest, prosecution and conviction.

A Florida jury acquitted Zimmerman last month, finding too little evidence to convict him of second-degree murder or manslaughter.

more

Trayvon Martin's Hoodie Eyed for Smithsonian Exhibit

That's real retarded sir.

:lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Shroud of Trayvon

Just when you think the left can’t possibly get more unhinged about the shooting of black Trayvon Martin, the next step in his beatification is getting underway: the hoodie he died in may be acquired for the Smithsonian Institution. This not only will imbue it with an historical civil rights significance, which it has not earned, but will practically accord it the status of a religious relic.

do read on...

The Shroud of Trayvon | FrontPage Magazine

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The Shroud of Trayvon

Just when you think the left can’t possibly get more unhinged about the shooting of black Trayvon Martin, the next step in his beatification is getting underway: the hoodie he died in may be acquired for the Smithsonian Institution. This not only will imbue it with an historical civil rights significance, which it has not earned, but will practically accord it the status of a religious relic.

do read on...

When I read the name of the director of the Smithsonian, my dyslexia read it as Looney Bunch:smile:....Or maybe there is nothing wrong with my eyesight and that name is more appropriate for the twit.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Shroud of Trayvon

do read on...

This is terrible.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
He deserved to die.

Well, what do you think?

MLK's words have been (rightfully) immortalized, Rosa Parks' actions detailed (as they should be)... Why not include Trayvon's words and actions in addition to the hoodie?

Afterall, the hoodie is only a symbol of 'something'.. Clearly there must be something substantive behind the symbol that represents Trayvon.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The hoodie, actions, what he stood for?

Exactly what is irrelevant?

What exactly did Trayvon Martin "stand for?"

This goes to the really subtle stuff like the fact that MLK and Rosa Parks deliberately took public stands. The difference between that and Trayvon Martin apparently escaped you.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Heebs in Jew York have undone what Parks did, MLK was a commie and a nancy. Should they be yanked from history?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
What exactly did Trayvon Martin "stand for?"

I don't really know... maybe that he was an accomplished street fighter?.. He seemed to get the upper hand on Zimmerman until the gun came out

This goes to the really subtle stuff like the fact that MLK and Rosa Parks deliberately took public stands. The difference between that and Trayvon Martin apparently escaped you.

Please explain...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
The Heebs in Jew York have undone what Parks did, MLK was a commie and a nancy. Should they be yanked from history?

Why exclude all the other symbolic individuals out there... Gender related incidents, racial events to reflect on all races, we have culturally related incidents, ageism, Political affiliation, victims of perps that are booze-soaked, drugs and just plain-ole bad intentions.

How hard is it to beat up a half-wit?

Apparently it can have lethal consequences.

In fact, one might ask who is the half wit in bringing their fists to a gun fight