British school dinner lady sacked after 11 years for

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
accidentally dishing up gammon to Muslim girl

• Alison Waldock, 51, apologised for mistake as soon as error was spotted
  • She said it was difficult to keep track of more than 40 students with different dietary requirements with the lists she was given
  • But despite 11 years working as a dinner lady, she was sacked by Queen Edith Primary School in Cambridge

Primary school dinner lady sacked after 11 years for accidentally dishing up gammon to Muslim girl | Mail Online

Blackleaf...please tell these people to unfuk themselves. Thank you.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is a prime case of pandering to special interests. Should it have happened?
No it shouldn't but it did and it was an honest mistake. I think the people who
decided to fire her should be ashamed of themselves

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Who TF is Queen Edith ??

The wife of king Harold II, the last true king of England...

About January 1066, Harold married Edith (or Ealdgyth), daughter of Ælfgar, Earl of Mercia, and widow of the Welsh prince Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Edith had two sons—possibly twins—named Harold and Ulf (born around November 1066), both of whom survived into adulthood and probably lived out their lives in exile.[citation needed]

The true Heir to the Throne of England now lives in Canada - quietly - somewhere........

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

About January 1066, Harold married Edith (or Ealdgyth), daughter of Ælfgar, Earl of Mercia, and widow of the Welsh prince Gruffydd ap Llywelyn. Edith had two sons—possibly twins—named Harold and Ulf (born around November 1066), both of whom survived into adulthood and probably lived out their lives in exile.[citation needed]

The true Heir to the Throne of England now lives in Canada - quietly - somewhere........

Stuff we all should know. Thanks Hunboldt. ;-)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Let's blame the Muslims!

From the article:

"Community group Muslims4UK said the majority of Muslim parents would be ‘understanding’ of the mistake.
Founder and chairman Inayat Bunglawala said: ‘Dismissing a dinner lady for inadvertently serving pig meat is an overreaction.
‘The most sensible way to rectify such mistakes is to improve awareness of the pupils’ dietary requirements while apologising to the pupils and their parents.’
The Muslim Council of Cambridgeshire called the sacking ‘heavy-handed’. ‘We are all human beings and all make mistakes,’ said a spokesman."

Hmmm. . . so, because a presumably Christian administration fired this woman, it's all the Muzzies' fault?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It would be too easy for the kid to say no thanks I can't eat that.

Thats what I would have done. Im a vegetarian and have been served meat accidentally a few times and never really complained. At least not gone above the person who made the mistake. Firing someone over something like this is just stupid.

ha. Ive heard there was another heir from the Platagenets living in Australia. I imagine every dynasty has some sort of "heir" living today.

CanIrish

Nominee Member
Nov 20, 2012
Ireland
She was lucky, in Iran they would have buried her up to her elbows in sand and then stoned her to death...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Pandering to the Muslims as usual.

The true heir to the Throne is Prince Charles.

Queen Edith actually refers to Edith of Wessex, who married King Edward the Confessor on 23rd January 1045.

Queen Edith was the sister of King Harold II, who was defeated during the Battle of Hastings in 1066 by William the Conqueror, who became King William I (the second cousin of Edith's husband, Edward the Confessor). She was the daughter of Godwin, the most powerful earl in England. Her mother Gytha was sister of Ulf, a Danish earl who was brother-in-law of King Cnut of England (1016-1035); of Denmark (1018-1035); and of Norway (1028-1035). As the king's wife, she was responsible for his regal presentation. She commissioned works for his personal ornament, and had at least one goldsmith among her tenants. When he died, the Domesday Book shows that she was the richest woman in England, and the fourth wealthiest individual, after the king, Stigand, Archbishop of Canterbury, and her brother Harold. She held land valued at between £1,570 and £2,000 per annum.

Edith of Wessex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I suspect it had much less to do with pandering to the Muslims who, as T has pointed out, do not support her firing, and more to do with attempting to prevent a lawsuit if and when a student is given the wrong food despite their allergy.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Family who got dinner lady fired after she accidentally served their child gammon are emigrating to Muslim country

• Zahid and Rumana Darr asked for Alison Waldock to be dismissed
  • Miss Waldock accidentally served pork, forbidden by Islam, to their daughter
  • The Darrs are now moving to the conservative UAE

Family who got dinner lady fired after she accidentally served their child gammon are emigrating to Muslim country | Mail Online

Pigs.

Here I 'kind o' agree' but I 'd say over wired yuppies best back in the UAE. If the school service isn't Halal, then a mistake will happen sooner or later. If you send your child to a non halal school at seven years old- you are then 'rather responsible'.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver

• She said it was difficult to keep track of more than 40 students with different dietary requirements with the lists she was given
  • But despite 11 years working as a dinner lady, she was sacked by Queen Edith Primary School in Cambridge
Primary school dinner lady sacked after 11 years for accidentally dishing up gammon to Muslim girl | Mail Online

That is so rediculous I am litteraly speachless, which for me is unusal.

Family who got dinner lady fired after she accidentally served their child gammon are emigrating to Muslim country

• Zahid and Rumana Darr asked for Alison Waldock to be dismissed
  • Miss Waldock accidentally served pork, forbidden by Islam, to their daughter
  • The Darrs are now moving to the conservative UAE

Family who got dinner lady fired after she accidentally served their child gammon are emigrating to Muslim country | Mail Online

Good. And the woman should get her job back.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Mad dogs = Englishmen. Ludicrous.