Body pulled from Red River is missing Winnipeg mom

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A body pulled from Winnipeg’s Red River was confirmed Sunday to be that of Lisa Gibson, the mother of two children found dead in their home earlier this week.

WINNIPEG—Police confirmed Sunday that a body pulled from Winnipeg’s Red River was that of Lisa Gibson, the mother of two children who died four days earlier. But there remain many unanswered questions about the three deaths, which appeared to stem from an incident in the family’s home.

“The investigation remains open and continues by members of our homicide unit,” Const. Eric Hofley told reporters on Sunday.

“There’s been a lot of speculation out there in the media and in the public, however investigators have to ensure that every possible avenue has been followed up.”

Gibson’s family was requesting privacy, Hofley added.

more

Lisa Gibson: Body pulled from Red River is missing Winnipeg mom | Toronto Star

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
IF she is responsible it could possibly have been postpartum psychosis.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
A body pulled from Winnipeg’s Red River was confirmed Sunday to be that of Lisa Gibson, the mother of two children found dead in their home earlier this week.

So she was found dead earlier this week in their home then somehow got into the Red River?
That is what the headline states. Morons. I speak English. I can tell they are illiterate. Too bad no one else can.
Stupid media can't even proof read a headline. I am disgusted, as usual.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So she was found dead earlier this week in their home then somehow got into the Red River?
That is what the headline states. Morons. I speak English. I can tell they are illiterate. Too bad no one else can.
I missed that where did it say she was found dead in the home? I thought it said the mother of two young children who were found dead in the home was missing, no?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Funny. The Object is acted upon by the Subject. "A body pulled from Winnipeg’s Red River was confirmed Sunday to be that of Lisa Gibson, the mother of two children found dead in their home earlier this week."
The object there is the body, the subject is Lisa Gibson, and the action is the confirmation. The rest is just description of Lisa Gibson (the mother of two dead children found in home) and description of the body (pulled from the Red River on Sunday).

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This is just heart breaking. She sought help, yet none was available. This would indicate that she was aware that she was in trouble.

Her poor relatives including her husband will be left to deal with deep and suffocating guilt.

Instead of condemning these women we as a society need to learn to understand the torment of mental illness. Postpartum psychosis is a hormone imbalance. With help it could have been treated. We need to educate ourselves about the human condition instead of denying or judging.

We all need to be able to help those around us who show signs of mental illness. It could happen to any of us. We should keep that in the forfront of our thoughts: "that could be ME" maybe not that particular situation, but that particular level of "need".

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
This is just heart breaking. She sought help, yet none was available. This would indicate that she was aware that she was in trouble.

Her poor relatives including her husband will be left to deal with deep and suffocating guilt.

Instead of condemning these women we as a society need to learn to understand the torment of mental illness. Postpartum psychosis is a hormone imbalance. With help it could have been treated. We need to educate ourselves about the human condition instead of denying or judging.

We all need to be able to help those around us who show signs of mental illness. It could happen to any of us. We should keep that in the forfront of our thoughts: "that could be ME" maybe not that particular situation, but that particular level of "need".