Dry asparagus prompts questions about racial discrimination

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Wtff?

A dried-out batch of asparagus has touched off a debate about racial discrimination, grocery stores and the role of citizen-led commissions.It started in May when resident David Olander was perusing the produce section of the University City Schnucks. He noticed the asparagus weren’t resting in a tray of water.

“It was just sitting there dried out,” said Olander, a member of the city’s human relations commission.

Olander summoned an assistant manager, and then he asked the question: Did the quality of the asparagus have any relationship to the store’s location in a black neighborhood?

“‘I certainly hope not,’” Olander recalled the manager saying.

Olander’s experience prompted him to write a letter to Schnucks CEO Scott Schnuck, and out of that came a meeting with Schnucks employees.

more about this uppity whiny sh!t-stirring little bitch

Dry asparagus prompts questions about racial discrimination in University City : News

Note: This is not an Onion article.

I do not have any photos of any of the actors in this story so your guess is as good as mine.

This Olander puss is some retired guy that contributes a good sum to the local Dems.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Only about 1/4 of the grocery stores I've ever been in use the water trays for their asparagus. Most sell it fast enough that you get it home, trim it, and put it in water yourself. And no.... I've never lived in a black neighbourhood.

Ridiculous.

I bet it felt really good to polish up his righteous indignation over such an important racial issue.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How is dry asparagus anything other than dry asparagus? Someone's really pawing up rhubarb to come up with that....

Oh my gawd, really? You're gonna bring rhubarb into this? ****ing bigotry everywhere. I expected better from you.

:p

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
None of the stores here have asparagus in water.Thankfully we don't like it so I don't give a hoot what they do to it.