Rolling Stone features Boston bombing suspect on cover

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I don't know who has dreamier hair, this guy or shiny pony.

One of the best comments thus far:

If only someone would simply love him, he would love them back! Ladies, wont one of you teach him how to love again?

Look at those sensitive eyes. They are the eyes of a tormented and misunderstood poet.

For those with a sociopath fetish, read all about this latest cover below.

Rolling Stone’s Dzhokhar Tsarnaev cover sparks outrage | Boston Herald

Rolling Stone features Boston bombing suspect on cover | Fox News

very related:
Michelle Malkin | America’s sociopath fetish «

h/t bcf

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought it was funny because the way he looks actually does fit in with the sorts of people they put on the cover. I dont really care who they put on the cover. I dont think Ive ever bought an issue of Rolling Stone. I also dont go to them for news on crime and political issues. Does anyone?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Look at those sensitive eyes?????? This is one of the morons who filled pressure cookers with nails and dynamite to kill and injure as many people as he could and we want to make hime a f--ing hero?? God help us.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Look at those sensitive eyes?????? This is one of the morons who filled pressure cookers with nails and dynamite to kill and injure as many people as he could and we want to make hime a f--ing hero?? God help us.

Just a heads up...I colored their text in the spirit that they wrote that comment juan.

But that kind of kooky luvy duvy talk is evident in malkin's link though. The sociopath lovers.

e.g.

He “can blow me up with babies,”
He’s “fine as wine,”
“Soooo hot with the combination handgun-mirror selfie.”

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Did anyone notice that the New York tomes used the same photo ?{To be honest,I've never seen a copy of NYT,ever}That was 2nd hand info.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The whole point of the cover was to show that Tsarnaev wasn't a big scary monster. He appeared to be just a regular kid, pretty good-looking one at that. The accompanying article delineates exactly how this normal kid became a monster inside.

That this sailed over the heads of the hip-shooters and trigger-mouths like an F-16 on afterburner is, alas, no surprise.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I think the caption on the cover tells it all: he was a promising kid who became someone who deserves our revulsion... but I guess most of you don't care about the "why" or stopping it from happening again...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The whole point of the cover was to show that Tsarnaev wasn't a big scary monster. He appeared to be just a regular kid, pretty good-looking one at that. The accompanying article delineates exactly how this normal kid became a monster inside.

That this sailed over the heads of the hip-shooters and trigger-mouths like an F-16 on afterburner is, alas, no surprise.

I don't blame them. The picture and caption reads like Rolling Stone absolving him of his sins. You have to consider that they know how to set the tone with their front page, and from where I sit, they set it...his family is to blame. That's not okay.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't blame them. The picture and caption reads like Rolling Stone absolving him of his sins. You have to consider that they know how to set the tone with their front page, and from where I sit, they set it...his family is to blame. That's not okay.
How is saying that he "became a monster" absolving him of his sins? For that matter, if Rolling Stone magazine has the authority under any religion to absolve sins, it's news to me.

I understand that some folk would simply like to brand him a monster and basically deny that he's a human being, but I'm not sure that's the best way to look at it. Personally I don't care, I just want him dead, but I recognise the validity of enquiring into how he became the kind of person who set the Boston bombs.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can't believe the media would use sex to exploit a tragedy.

Id actually be surprised if they stopped doing it. It'd be nice, but bad business. People complain about the stuff they do, but then most of them buy into it giving them license to do it again.

What about Ol' Willie? Man ain't exactly the poster boy for Christian virtue.

More interesting than the other folks mentioned on the cover. Saw him last month. I liked the show.