Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I do not love thee Doctor Tell;
The reason why I cannot tell.
But this I know,
And know full well,
I do not love thee Doctor Tell.
That's good. Version I always heard was. . .

I do not like thee, Doctor Tell
The reason why I know full well
Yer a sonuvab*tch
So go to hell
I do not like thee, Doctor Tell

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers - Politics - CBC News

The enemy list on the good ol' Canadian Conservative Forum would be a short one. Nothing to see here. Move along

{Gonna have to drive those bastards from office with clubs.} elections just won't do it.
You would think **** Nixon has been reincarnated.

Ok so I am adding Richard, really he called himself by the diminutive. Never heard him called Tricky Ricky did the automatic censor?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers

PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's office asked staff to include a list of "friend and enemy stakeholders" in their transition binders for new ministers appointed in Monday's cabinet shuffle, according to a leaked email.

The email, obtained by CBC News and several other media outlets, was sent July 4 by Erica Furtado in the Prime Minister's Office and shows a checklist for what should be in the transition binders.

"Who to avoid: bureaucrats that can't take no (or yes) for an answer" is on the list, as well as "Who to engage or avoid: friend and enemy stakeholders."

The request for a list of problematic bureaucrats was subsequently dropped, according to another email sent a few hours later on July 4.

The person who leaked the emails said that when some staff balked at the idea of coming up with the blacklists, they were cut off from further communications about the matter.

The person also said staff were given examples of stakeholders that could go on the "enemies list" and they included environmental groups, non-profit organizations, and civic and industry associations with views different than the government's.

Transition books and briefing notes for new ministers would normally include names of key people on issues, but dividing them into "friend and enemy" categories isn't common.

The other items on the checklist were:

• What to say in question period.
  • What to expect soon, hot issues, legal actions, complaints.
  • What to expect later, longer-term forecast.
  • What to do, status of mandate items, off-mandate items.
  • What to avoid: pet bureaucratic projects.
  • What to attend: upcoming events, meetings and FPTs.
  • Who to appoint: outstanding GiCs and hot prospects.
  • Private member's bills, lines and caucus packages.

FPTs refers to federal/provincial/territorial meetings and GiCs refers to Governor in Council appointments, people who sit on agencies, boards and commissions.

"While we don't comment on internal communications, we are collaborating with our ministers, especially new ministers, to ensure they are fully briefed so they can continue their work on behalf of Canadian taxpayers," said PMO spokesman Carl Vallée in an emailed response to a request for comment.

Harper appointed eight new MPs to his cabinet on Monday and shifted multiple ministers around to new portfolios.
PMO acting 'paranoid'

The NDP's deputy leader Megan Leslie said the instructions to provide an "enemy" list show the PMO is "paranoid" and trying to exercise control over ministers.

"But they also have this 'for you or against you' kind of attitude where unless you are toeing their line and marching to the beat of their drum you are an enemy," she said.

Leslie said it's useful for ministers to share information with each other but classifying people as enemies crosses a line.

John Bennett, executive director of the environmental group Sierra Club Canada, said based on his past experience with some ministers he likely would have wound up on the enemy list.

"I wasn't surprised but I continue to be disappointed that stakeholders like environmentalists are considered enemies rather than stakeholders who are trying to pursue important issues," he said in an interview with CBC's Rosemary Barton.

He said if some ministers were more "mature" they would understand how democracy really works and that all perspectives should be considered when making decisions.

"They don't believe in democracy the way we do, which is it's an exchange of ideas and debate and try to come up with reasonable solutions. They believe in forcing ideology and if you're forcing ideology on the Canadian public than you see people like me as an enemy and that's unfortunate," said Bennett.

Letter: Transition binder email

source: PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers - Ottawa - CBC News

----------------------------

What no lefties have jumped on the Bash Harper Wagon..??

The Lefties have definitely dropped the ball on this one.. LOL

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers

Canadians are the biggest threat to Canada. Deport the lot before it's too late.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
More than stupid. The Federal Government is for all Canadians, not just their base or their Party poopers.

Just reinforces in people mind Harper's mindset. These things generally spring from past behavior that was approved at a high level. And in this case I would say it was a definite.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
More than stupid. The Federal Government is for all Canadians, not just their base or their Party poopers.
Yup! I pegged this bozo and his cabal years ago. But his dedicated sheeple all baaaaed in protest. 2 more years you say? Pity! Like I said before, invest heavily in Vaseline. We ain't seen nothing yet.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers - Politics - CBC News

The enemy list on the good ol' Canadian Conservative Forum would be a short one. Nothing to see here. Move along

{Gonna have to drive those bastards from office with clubs.} elections just won't do it.
You calling for violence?

Yup! I pegged this bozo and his cabal years ago. But his dedicated sheeple all baaaaed in protest. 2 more years you say? Pity! Like I said before, invest heavily in Vaseline. We ain't seen nothing yet.
Just wait till he starts doing what BHO is doing.

Obama orders federal employees to snitch on each other Trunews:

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
Obviously, clueing in cabinet ministers to "friends" and "enemies" is something any government would do, I just find it surprising that the Conservatives haven't realized that internal documents have a way of leaking out, even though it happens all the time. If they had simply classified contacts as "friendly" or "unfriendly", and avoided the word "enemy", there would be nothing to this story.