Emergency Vehicles- Impeded by dumb drivers

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Emergency Vehicles- Impeded by dumb drivers.

I have seen this on far to many occasions in the St Albert - Edmonton area.
Why do the Cities not equip ER Vehicles with cameras to record the events.
Fines should start at about 5 K.for deliberately impeding an Emergency response vehicle.

For example- the difference of even a few minutes delaying Fire Response can lead to massive damages and serious injuries or death.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I've actually had people pass me while I was pulled to the right for an approaching (and advertising) ambulance. The more there is to be aware of, the less people are aware.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
in my city I would have to say people are pretty good for the most part

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I've actually had people pass me while I was pulled to the right for an approaching (and advertising) ambulance. The more there is to be aware of, the less people are aware.

Amazing how a 1/2 dozen 5k fines will spread the word.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
That's nothing. I pulled over to let a cop car and an ambulance pass and right behind them was an idiot in an older Chevy Monte Carlo. I guess the cop was too busy driving and couldn't see the moron behind the ambulance.

During very first callout in the snorkel as a firefighter, some bananabrain impeded me and the pumper. I was going to give the knucklehead a push but the Lt. said that would be illegal. Instead I filled up in his rearview mirror with a closeup image of the Seagrave grill. He got the hint.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Some guy got in my way once......
He died of old age, last year....

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I once had an idiot pass me while driving code three from Sayward to Campbell River. I just phoned in his license number and oddly enough about twenty miles down the road there he was sitting in a cop car. I just smiled and waved.